• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best souvenir shopping store

ksheridan14

Earning My Ears
I am going to WDW for the first time in October. I like to shop, but don't want spend a ton of time shopping on our trip...the husband and kiddos would not be happy with me.;)
In your opinion, what is the best place to get souvenirs at WDW? I want to get some kind of Mickey ears for the kids (ages 8 and 3) and a few ornaments. I am sure we will pick up a few other things as well, but those are my " must get " items. Thanks!

My favorite is the ornament shop in Magic Kingdom. Each trip each family member picks out a special ornament and I treat. Love the tradition! You also may want to consider having the silhouettes done for your children in Magic Kingdom as well. Great souvenirs!

I always find what I'm looking for at Mouse Gear in Epcot. It's the biggest gift shop within any of the parks, and I often find things there that I had been hunting for unsuccessfully at every other park. Although, if all you want are mouse ears and ornaments, there are two shops at MK that specialize in each of those: Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe near Liberty Square and The Chapeau on Main Street, USA.

I was going to say Downtown Disney too! They have a store for ears and they have the Christmas store. If you spend a little bit of time their you can get everything. There is an Christmas shop at MK too. You can ears almost anywhere but I don't remember any other location than DD to get them personalized.

Silhouettes! They don't have ears on them, so you can hang them in your living room. I have three of my daughter, at ages 4, 9 and 16, and seeing them together shows how she has grown and changed. I love these and wouldn't take a million dollars for them!!

Silhouettes! They don't have ears on them, so you can hang them in your living room. I have three of my daughter, at ages 4, 9 and 16, and seeing them together shows how she has grown and changed. I love these and wouldn't take a million dollars for them!!

Also, if you want a silhouette of just your child, but your child wants one of himself with a character, the shop will accomodate you. Just tell them that's what you want, and, instead of getting two cut-outs of your child, you'll get one of each, AT NO EXTRA CHARGE.

Has anyone ever had Disney Park souvenirs sent back to their Disney resort room? Any good or bad experience with that? I don't really want to carry stuff around with me all day.

I always get mine sent back. They are usually available to be picked up in your gift shop at your resort the following day. Doesn't cost extra. It's super convenient.

Does anyone know how much it is to personalize the hats ad how long they take?

I can't remember the price, but the time is dependent on how many orders are ahead of you. If they can do it right then, then like 5-10 min probably. That machine is quick! But, several times I had to leave hats and then come pick them up later in the day because they were backed up.

Has anyone ever had Disney Park souvenirs sent back to their Disney resort room? Any good or bad experience with that? I don't really want to carry stuff around with me all day.

We have done it every trip and it's really convenient. I've never had anything go missing/break but if it is something breakable, like a mug or something, and you are worried, I would just check it before you leave your resort gift shop.

I like the Emporium at Magic Kingdom and Mousegears at Epcot.

At Downtown disney I like the ornament store, pin traders and World of Disney. Plus Basin is there which I also really like.

I always have plenty of downtime to shop - especially now with the waiting around for FP+ times.

Have fun!

We have done this with every purchase!

Positive- you don't have to lug your purchase around with you...

Negative- you don't realize how much you purchased!!! Needed a U-Haul last Disney visit!:rotfl2:

We have done this with every purchase!

Positive- you don't have to lug your purchase around with you...

Negative- you don't realize how much you purchased!!! Needed a U-Haul last Disney visit!:rotfl2:

HAHAHA! This sounds like us, and I thought we were good for only packing two carry on bags. Our bags were bursting at the seams on the way home! :rotfl:

I have to second (or third!) Mouse Gear at Epcot! It is my favorite place in all the parks to shop - they have pretty much everything you could ask for and I've found them to have the best t-shirt selection, both in sizes and variety.

I love the Emporium, at Magic Kingdom, and the World Of Disney store at Downtown Disney, but the Emporium can get so packed and I feel like I can't move around (without stepping on someone), and the WOD store is so overwhelming...

And yes, sending things back to the hotel is the best! Just have to remember to pick them up! :)

I loved having stuff sent back to the resort! And speaking of resorts, I did a lot of shopping in the resort gift shop while my son was resting or talking to friends. (he's an adult, I didn't leave my child alone while I shopped, haha, although that's how that sounded!!)

Also, if you want a silhouette of just your child, but your child wants one of himself with a character, the shop will accomodate you. Just tell them that's what you want, and, instead of getting two cut-outs of your child, you'll get one of each, AT NO EXTRA CHARGE.

Which shop are you referring to that will do the two silhouettes for no additional charge?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter