Best Souvenir From Harry Potter World?

Yes there is jewelry.
We saw Hermione's necklace and earrings. Also a deathly hallows necklace. I believe that these were around $50 but I am not sure. I did not see a time turner necklace. I just saw the key ring.

They do have a time turner necklace, as I bought it in the shop across from Gringotts in October, I think it was like $40? Wands vary depending on if you get the interactive one or not. I THINK the standard ones are like $25 and the interactive are like $45 or something like that. My 14 year old seems to collect cell phone cases, so has I think 2 now that are HP themed (along with spidey, batman, mickey, etc, seriously she has something like 50 cases).

I tried to share this yesterday but didn't have enough posts to share links or pictures. Just wanted to note that this is what my Hogwarts crest looked like after a month or so of having it, so unless they've improved them, it might be a good idea to stay away from the medallion-type key chains. When I go, I'm going to look for one of the rubber variety or something instead. :)

10e1vz5.jpg

I had this same problem with mine as well which is depressing as it looks so pretty when you first get it and i dont rmeber how much it wad but i feel that for watever price it was it should have lasted longer.

I think my best souvenir was my scarf. I live where it gets cold so i can wear it all winter

Definitely the robes and wands. I don't think dd has taken her robe off since we got back. The wands get played with constantly. DD was so worried her wand would get broken, she started making her own wands to play with around the house.

WWoHP definitely ignited the Potter spark in our family. We started watching the movies over the summer to get ready for our trip. DD started reading the books right before we left. Since we have been back it's been all potter. The kids play HP all the time, I got the whole book set for Christmas and have really enjoyed them. DD has her 11th birthday in a few weeks and she wants an HP theme. Can't wait to go back, sitting here trying to figure out how to get back to USO before our annual fall trip... :woohoo:

There is most definitely a Time Turner necklace and other jewelry. I think it's stuff from The Noble Collection, so you could also just order the Time Turner from them.. But I think they had a few pieces that I don't see on the Noble Collection's website. But what is so interesting in WWoHP is that the have some "higher end" stuff, but it's displayed in a way that is not entirely obvious that it is "for sale." I even commented that it's hard to know what in the cases is themeing and what is available for purchase. Last time, they actually put price tags on things...small ivory colored tags, with calligraphy, hand-written prices, but they were actual price tags, not just decoration.

Wiseacres Wizarding Supplies sells a few antique looking clocks, compasses and other navigational/astronomical gadgets that we were surprised were actually for sale. I want to get one someday, just because.

As for other souvenirs, there is a a whole rack full of styles of pins. They are the same price range as at WDW, but the pins are usually bigger than the ones at the same price point at WDW. Of course, the wands. We also always buy some sort of candy from Honeydukes or now the Weasley's shop. I also have Pygmy Puffs in both pink and purple, and a purple keychain version. I also have the parchment paper with the Hogwarts crest (I bought it for scrapbooking) and an "inspected by the Ministry of Magic" ink stamp, that I want to stamp all my outgoing mail with. A friend of ours collects patches, and was pleased to find 6 different WWoHP themed ones. My Dad bought a Marauder's Map puzzle.

For me I always buy a magnet, keychain and Christmas ornament :) I can't wait to buy some WWoHP stuff!

Hubby usually gets a keychain and maybe a shirt or cool mug and the kids, well they get a lot of crap they want LOL :rotfl: but we do limit how much they can spend. So once they have the amount, they know to spread it out.

I haven't been in 3 years, but my favorite souvenir is the cauldron cake! heheheh!

Honestly if they made butter beer to take home it would be perfect!!! Needless to say these are my favourite and I drink about a million of them while I'm there! So I have a mug from my trip. It's the best! Bring it back for cheap refills. heehee

I think the best souvenirs are functional ones. For example, I bought a candy jar from Honeydukes and we still use it to hold candy. Also, I still drink out of the mug my butterbeer came in.

They sell a cool HP photo frame that looks like Harry's trunk with a lock and a key hanging from it. It's not very large, just holds a 4" x 6" photo but it makes a nice souvie that can be used and displayed.

Assuming you don't mind the high cost, hands down, THE best HP item is the Interactive Marauder's Map.

I remember seeing a jewelry cart next to where the beauxbatons do their little show. I didn't look too closely so I can't say anything about a time turner.

My only souvenirs were a coffee mug and a Ravenclaw onesie for my 1 year old. That was the most expensive piece of clothing he's ever worn and it faded horribly the first time I washed it.

I have about 4-5 friends I plan on buying HP stuff for when I'm down there. It's likely they will all get mugs lol
I also read that you can send a postcard and it will be stamped with a special HP thing (as you can tell I am totally NOT a HP fan lol) so I plan to do that for my one friend who is a super fan.

In IoA/Hogsmeade, the Owlery area is a large pavilion with picnic tables underneath. There's a podium under there with a worker stationed to put the Owlery postmark on postcards.

They will stamp anything, in my experience. I didn't want the post office stamping over the Owlery stamp (or to spend the extra money on a Harry Potter stamp.) So, I had them postmark a plain postcard, and then mailed it inside a regular envelope from the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter