Best sling/carrier for 10 week old at Disney?

Jenny-momof3

DIS Veteran
I've never vacationed with a child this young. But my other kids will be 15,11 and 5 so this baby is just going to have to learn to be tagged along everywhere. :goodvibes

We originally had a Christmas trip planned but since I'll be due soon after we're going to have to cancel that trip. So now looking at spring break which puts the baby at about 10 weeks old. What carrier do you recommend for a baby that young?

We'll also be taking another trip when he/she is about 5 months so ideally I would like to find something that would work well for both ages.

I used a solarveil ring sling from TaylorMade. This photo was taken on our trip when she was 6 months, but I also used it at 10 weeks, in early September when it was hot. The solarveil was wonderful in the heat, and for wearing in the pool, and also made a great full sunshade for the stroller (I used it for that purpose again two weeks ago, while she was napping in her stroller at TL, aged 21 months.) Solarveil fabric has been discontinued by the mfr, but there are still some slings available until the stock runs out. It's really great stuff, so if you want it, act fast.

Normally she would have been riding a bit tighter on my chest, but I had loosened her up to nurse before we rode the Teacups.

th_slingteacups.jpg

My fave sling is a Zolowear, I prefer the ring slings to the pouch. My kids chubbed up pretty fast, and got tight in the hotsling. I could get my dd in and out and situate in the RS much faster/easier than the pouch.

I have also heard good things about the Ergo. I have not used it though. I never used a wrap, although I wanted to try one. I would use one if I ever have another baby.

check out the www.babywearer.com and www.attachedtobaby.com

I love my Moby wrap (it's basically just a super long piece of fabric). I like it because you can do a lot of different carries in it though it does take a bit of practice.

I also like a ring sling but my guy didn't like it until he was able to sit up in it. Plus, for all day I wouldn't want something that only went on my shoulder, I'd want as much back support as possible.

Have a great trip!

I love my Moby wrap (it's basically just a super long piece of fabric). I like it because you can do a lot of different carries in it though it does take a bit of practice.

I also like a ring sling but my guy didn't like it until he was able to sit up in it. Plus, for all day I wouldn't want something that only went on my shoulder, I'd want as much back support as possible.

Have a great trip!

If you are looking for a carrier that will get thourgh both trips I would go with the Beco. I just got one with my six month old and I LOVE it and so does he. It is very similar to the Ergo or even the baby bjorn. But it is way better than the bjorn. We used a bjorn untill I got the beco and I will never go back. You can use the beco when the baby is newborn all the way up to toddlerhood. You can also nurse in the Beco. I don't nurse my son (I wish I could, he was early and never latched on) but my friend does it all the time. HTH

BTW - I got my beco new on craigslist and payed a lot less for it than if I would have bought online.

I also love the Moby Wrap. I think it is the most comfortable of all the slings I have tried, for me and baby! The only drawback is the time it takes to wrap/tie it. I think it is worth it, however. It's so versatile in the types of carries you can do.

I wrapped my dd in a didy wrap for her first trip when she was just 8-9 weeks old. It was hot as all get out, so she would nap in the back of the double stroller.

I also had a solarveil mei tai that I took her in the pool with, and I came to love the solar veil sling, too, because it's SOOOO breathable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter