Best Sit Down Steak Restaurant for Families With Kids

Angela72181

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone..

We are visiting Disneyworld in December this year for Christmas / New Years. Our Anniversary is on January 1 so we are looking for ideas for a great sit down steak meal. I have read conflicting information on Yachtman's. We have the Dining Plan as well so $$ isn't really much of an influencing factor although we do understand that Yachtman's does take 2 Credits.

Anyone have advise? We don't do fish or seafood so that kind of limits our options as well. Hubby really doesn't want to be smelling fish / seafood while we are eating and I really feel the same.

We do have 3 kids going with us as well so that is a little bit of an influence.

Hello everyone..

We are visiting Disneyworld in December this year for Christmas / New Years. Our Anniversary is on January 1 so we are looking for ideas for a great sit down steak meal. I have read conflicting information on Yachtman's. We have the Dining Plan as well so $$ isn't really much of an influencing factor although we do understand that Yachtman's does take 2 Credits.

Anyone have advise? We don't do fish or seafood so that kind of limits our options as well. Hubby really doesn't want to be smelling fish / seafood while we are eating and I really feel the same.

We do have 3 kids going with us as well so that is a little bit of an influence.

My family LOVES Le Cellier! Haven't had a bad meal yet!!! It also takes 2 TS credits on the DDP, but it's worth it!

We are trying Yachtsman on our next trip though. Menu looks great!

My husband had a good steak at Coral Reef/ Epcot and my daughter had a good steak at Tonys / Magic Kingdom.

DH & I had wonderful tenderloin at Chef de France [Epcot] and at The Wave [Contemporary] just a few weeks ago.

Our boys are ages 5, 12 and 13 and we really enjoy both Le Cellier and Yachtsman. It's difficult to select a favorite between the two - we enjoy the food and atmosphere at both. And the CMs have been great with our kids at both locations.

Generally, when we need to choose between the two, it's a question of timing and park plans. If we want to be in the park for Illuminations and we're booking our trip far enough in advance to get a 7pm ADR, we go with Le Cellier. If we don't need to be in the park for Illuminations and/or we're planning the trip way past the 180 day mark, we'll go with Yachtman.

But for an anniversary dinner with kids, I'd probably choose Yachtsman just for the more relaxed atmosphere and pace. We like to stop in the Crews Cup for appetizers before dinner.

Have a great trip, and Happy Anniversary!

We didn't care for Le Cellier, but loved Yachtsman :thumbsup2. The filet was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife. We also liked the atmosphere as it was relaxed and kind of quiet. We were seated close to a window which had a beautiful view of SAB at night. We can't wait to go back during our YC stay next summer. Have a great anniversary trip :goodvibes.

LeCellier is a pretty hard ressie to get, especially during the busiest time of year. The Yachtsman has excellent food and atmosphere.

We ate at YSH this past week and both had the ribeye. Both steaks were very good.

steak dinner with other options that are all good, try Captains Grille or Olivia's at the Old Key West resort. We are at Captains Grille last week and my wife thought the strip was very good and at $26.99 a bargain compared to other places :)

Yachtsman Steakhouse. We just got back from Disney World yesterday. The kids & grandkids loved it. We have returned there three years in a row! Fantastic service, great presentation and quality of food cooked to perfection & a nice atmosphere. You will surely love it. We did: )

NoOrdinaryPrincess said:
If you're looking for New Year's Day you may have to take what you can get. That's a very busy time of year.

Our DD's ages 8 and 9 , love Le Cellier. I actually wanted to skip it when we go again at the end of the month, but I was told " now way" by my DD :)

I can only speak for Yachtsman's and I can say that it was awesome! We sill talk about that meal two years later! We had a two year old and a three year old with us and the waitress was so great with them. She also had a girl at the other table next to us fall asleep. She made her a bed out of two chairs and gave her a blanket (a warm tablecloth).
We loved it and will be back this May!:cool1:

I would recommend Chefs de France. I think their filet is the best and it is only one TS credit. But it isn't really a "steak house" so I am not sure it would meet your criteria. I believe the filet is the only steak on the menu. But it is a very good one!! And if you eat an early dinner your kids might get to see Remy.

Maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter