Best sit down restaurant at Epcot World Showcase?

dmc6469

DIS Veteran
Thinking about having a sit down lunch while we are in World Showcase and thought I’d ask for some that you think are the best and can’t miss. It’s taken us over 40 years to make our 1st trip so I doubt we’ll be ‘regulars’ so looking for suggestions you think shouldn’t be missed for the 1st, if not last trip. Ireland, Mexico, Italy…too many decisions.

That's a tough call...
We've had lunch at the San Angel Inn, The Rose And Crown in the World Showcase and at Sunshine Seasons in The Land.
I like them all but my Family likes The Sunshine Seasons the best.
The variety of food is staggering, always fresh, and relatively inexpensive by Disney standards.
While it's a cafeteria style restaurant there is ample seating and we've never felt rushed like in some of the table service places.
We had Lunch there three time during our May trip.

France is wonderful! Best dessert options and a very nice lunch menu. Its just as solid as a dinner choice! (Cocktails play a role here as well) Cheers!

I love Chefs de France and Rose and Crown. I adore sitting on the patio at R&C with a view of the lagoon. It's so nice. Chefs has a really nice, light lunch menu and the profiteroles for dessert are amazing!

Better yet, lunch at R&C, dessert at Les Halles!

Le Cellier' is my favorite dining experience at EPCOT. I'm not advocating you should use it for your lunchtime meal, but it is a complete winner for dinner. How much do I like it? I have been fortunate to have acquired free dining on my last 3 Disney visits, and I have happily used 2 credits for this experience each time. Just my 2 pennies :)

If you love pizza I would definitely try Via Napoli. It gets some nice sunlight too during the day. Other favorites are Les Chefs de France and La Hacienda de San Angel. I will be there the week after you! Have a great time!!!!

We have liked le cellier and San angel inn. For counter service sunshine seasons in the land.

So what is a splurge for you? Do you think Denny's is great, would you consider a good night out with a great meal to be Cracker Barrel? Or do you live and die by yelp reviews and can't wait to find that speciality taco food truck with BBQ duck? If you're a foodie then you will be disappointed by just about everything in Epcot. I'm a foodie chef de France is bleh, it's mass prepared and most of the food is just warmed up. Upstairs is better but still not worth the $$$ you pay. Rose Crown is better but here too you are getting very mediocre pub fare. Le Celleir at Canada is at best a Long Horn or Outback but a Flemings prices.
Good food is really only available at the resorts California Grill, Victoria and Alberta both offer wonderful doing experiences that are worth the price. Disney Springs also has two new options that are head and shoulders above the mass frozen microwave garbage of Rainforest/futons/t-Rex that is Landrys "Select".

Disney dining in the parks is really only good for character meet and greets. It's never about the food it might be about enjoying seeing Mickey or a princess or eating cake and ice cream with fireworks on the side. DDP has made this worse pushing restaurants to capacity and emphasizing quick turns and mass produced food that is heated up.

I will however admit that quick service inside Epcot is far and away a better bet than food in any other park. The options are actually good for Disney partly because the various ethnic cuisines require smaller batches and so food is fresher and better tasting.

The view from the outdoor Mexican cantina is awesome and you can grab a couple of good tacos as appetizers. Then enjoy a cold salmon sandwich at Norway split a bratwurst and pretzel inside a German beer hall with a beer, grab a quick shrimp sushi and cold sake on Japan and finish with French deserts in the Cafe. It will all set you back less than a single sit down meal would.

Disney is basically fair food unless you spend 100$+ per person the meals are really poor and the sit down meals the worst value, basic frozen food microwaved or fried or placed on a planchet grill for 8 mins.

But meals at Disney aren't always about the food they can also be about creating memories if its something you've always wanted to do or just MUST see that Disney princess go for it.

Chefs de France is my favorite. It's a lovely restaurant with lots of light and I have always had good food and good service there.

This upcoming trip will be my 7th, and I've been lucky enough to try many TS restaurants (Mexico, Norway, Germany, Italy, America and Canada) but this will be my mother's first (and most likely only) trip .... so rather than do a sit-down meal, we'll begin the WS with Yorkshire QS and snack around the World so she can have a sample of everything. I just couldn't choose one place.

Via Napoli - The pizza is really good.
San Angel Inn - Mexican fine dining and the atmosphere is great.
Le Cellier - The filet is as advertised.

Via Napoli is my favourite! Rose & Crown is pretty good too though. I really enjoy Sunshine Seasons for a quick service meal.

Definitely biergarten! Not many places can you dance to german folk music and feast upon a whole buffet of german food, wines, beer (by the liter), and feel like you're at the real Oktoberfest. If you have a small party you'll have to share a table but it shouldn't be a bother. I see others recommending via napoli but i don't see the big deal. You can get Italian food and pizza anywhere. Another good option is the table service in China (nine dragons i think?) because you see the food being cooked right in front of you which is pretty neat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter