• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Shore excursion 7 day eastern for kids?

famfoc

Earning My Ears
Our first DCL cruise is coming up in Sept. 05 and we would like to know a good shore excursion at the various ports for kids age 7 and 9 both good swimmers?

A friend who recently cruised to St Thomas on another cruise line visited Coral World park. I found a web site by doing a google search for Coral World in St Thomas that tells you all about it and even includes a link to get a coupon for reduced admission. She said it is interesting, a manageable size, and right next door to a beach so you can spend part of your day swimming. It is evidently easy to get taxis between port and the park. We are planning on visiting on this cruise. There is a Disney excursion that includes Coral World but also includes another stop that I don't think would interest my kids much (the same age as yours), doesn't seem to really include beach time and is much more expensive than going alone, even considering taxi fare, so we're going to do it on our own.

We did Coral World in 2002 with two families (4 children). It's a nice place to spend about 2 hours, and then you can go to the adjacent beach (Coki) which was also very nice. We simply took a taxi when we got off the ship and arranged to have him pick us up at the beach about 4-5 hours later. I would suggest not doing this through a Disney excursion. It is very simple (and cheaper) to do this on your own, and you can control how much time you spend at both places.

Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Yeah we are debating whether to do Coral World on our own or with Disney.

How about the Butterfly farm on St Maarten....is this another "better off doing it on your own"??

We did the Golden Eagle Catamaran last May with my DD's 14,12 and 5. They all loved it. We boarded just a short distance from the ship, took an hour or so sail along the coast of St. Martin, anchored, spent about an hour or so snorkeling and swimming, then an hour sail back.

They served drinks on the way out and drinks and sandwiches on the way back.

Great time - looking forward to doing this again on our upcoming cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter