Best shoes???

Teachckg

Mouseketeer
We will be there late June. I am wondering really what are the best shoes to wear around the parks. Socks and Tennis shoes??? Will my feet be hot?? Today I bought sandals from BASS that are somewhat "water shoes"-- very comfortable and seem like they will be cool but not sure???

I bought a pair of Fit Flops from MouseGears and I love them. Lots of arch support and very comfortable. No blisters or tired feet after wearing them all day!
I paid around $50 for them and the next day went to the outlets down the road and saw them on sale for $21:eek:

I saw a bunch of people recommend Keen sandals. I have been watching what people are wearing at the parks. Can't believe how many people wear plain old flip flops. My feet would fall off.

I just bought a pair of the Keen's from zappatos.com They have free shipping both ways so if I hate them around the house I will return them. Hopefully I"ll love them as much as everyone else.

I have plantar fasciitis, and despite all the great recommendations on these boards for brand name flip flops and sandals, I don't think I'll ever do the parks without a good pair of running shoes.

I get a nice lightweight pair and wear a lowrise pair of socks. My feet have never been hot (either that, or in the August heat the rest of me is so hot that I never noticed my feet!!) Either way, I have no complaints with running shoes in the park.

I wore my crocs flip flops two years in a row. But want a pair of Fit Flops....Bamamouse what outlets had them for $21...just curious if they were online or not?

Hands down the best flip flops EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wear them every year to the disneyworld and never ever get blisters, my feet don't sweat and it doesnt hurt that they actually look good and feel like you are walking on a cloud! You don't even have to break them in just put them on and go. Trust me it will be the best investment you ever make.

Last year we went to disney world with 8 of my girl cousins they all bought the flip flops and loved them too.

http://www.amazon.com/Rocket-Dog-Wo...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=shoes&qid=1244511545&sr=8-1

I've always found that nike running/jogging shoes are pretty good...u can usually get them on sale somewhere and theyre very good for walking around on concrete as well as the heat all day long..

I wore my Nike 6.0 shoes with regular no show socks most of the time. I wore a plain pair of flip flops around the resort and to the water parks but that was the only time I wore those. And I wore my Iron Maiden Killers slip on Vans with no socks the day I arrived(because they were easy to get on and off and I usually wear them all summer). The slip ons were good for walking around the airport and around downtown disney but my feet were a little sore after those. So I wouldnt reccomend slip on vans around the parks. But you cant go wrong with Nikes

my rockport sandals are awesome for the parks.

during the summer you want somethign that fits well, doenst rub.
O and DRIES fast...
Dont by anything new that you can't break in

I bring 2 pairs (walking sandals (Merrell) & flip flops) and alternate. It seems to keep my feet blister free.

Love my merrells for walking, but be sure to try them on. To me they are not all the same. I could walk for hours and hours in my pair and I bought a new pair for my upcoming trip.this time I am going to put a very light, cheap pair of flip flopsinmy backpack to throw on if I go on a water ride so my expensive merrells don't get ruined.

My personal fav is a broken-in pair of Soft Spot Supremes walking shoes with athletic socks (the kind that wick away moisture). Great support keeps my feet happy (plus my knees and back). No friction = no blisters.

I won't be going to Disney until next year, but I went ahead and bought some shoes to put back. I'll break them in closer to time. I bought a pair of Skechers sandals that are SO comfortable. My mom has a pair and swears by them. They are fine when they get wet, too. I also bought a pair of Keens. They are like a combination between a tennis shoe and a sandal, and they are waterproof. They aren't the prettiest things, but if you aren't worried about that, they will be perfect. I plan on taking these two shoes plus a pair of Nike flip flops for the pool and a pair of tennis shoes. I have found the more types of shoes you have to change around, the better. Hope this helps!

Teva Mush flip flops or Montrail Molokini flip flops. Most comfortable shoes ever made.:cloud9: Lightweight, cool, and both have decent arch support.

I have plantar fasciitis, and despite all the great recommendations on these boards for brand name flip flops and sandals, I don't think I'll ever do the parks without a good pair of running shoes.

I get a nice lightweight pair and wear a lowrise pair of socks. My feet have never been hot (either that, or in the August heat the rest of me is so hot that I never noticed my feet!!) Either way, I have no complaints with running shoes in the park.

I have it too and I have had no issues using Keens or tevas.In fact my feet felt better with them compared to my running shoes.

No matter what shoes anyone wears they should be well broken in before the trip. I also bring 'body glide' and put that on my feet where the shoes rub and there are no blisters...whoever made the stuff should be proud! Hope everyone has 'comfy feet' when they visit the world!

No matter what shoes anyone wears they should be well broken in before the trip. I also bring 'body glide' and put that on my feet where the shoes rub and there are no blisters...whoever made the stuff should be proud! Hope everyone has 'comfy feet' when they visit the world!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is bodyglide? Is it cream and can it be found in the foot care section at Walmart? Sounds like something I should get before my trip at the end of this month.

Thanks

:thumbsup2
Great advice!!! Body Glide is worth every penny!

Forgive my ignorance, but what is bodyglide? Is it cream and can it be found in the foot care section at Walmart? Sounds like something I should get before my trip at the end of this month.

Thanks

Body Glide looks like a stick of deoderant. You rub it on your feet before hitting the parks, and no blisters! You can get it at most sporting good stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter