Best shoes for the august rain and heat

AnOtHeRdIsNeYfReAk

Self-Proclaimed Super Genius
Everytime I go to WDW I get sore feet and blisters, unless I wear sneakers. I have tried new sandals that are worn in, old sandals that have my footprint in them, flip flops, ect. The only time my feet are ok is when I wear sneakers, but I'm not going to wear them in the August heat and humidity this trip. Plus its more of a rainy season than when we usually go, so they'd be pretty nasty at the end of the day. So what does everyone else wear?

I purchased Keen sandals for me, DH & youngest DD 2 years ago and they worked great for all of us. I usually have a problem with blisters too but I used Body Glide on my feet every morning and never had a problem with blisters on that trip. Liked the Keens because they are water proof and great for walking.

Teva Mush Flip flops!!!!!

I've done Disney World twice in them without a single complaint!!!

I, too, wear Tevas and have had great luck with them. I just order mine online.

Have a great trip.

:)

crocks capris or rafters tsunami and body glide for the blisters.

That said - we've also worn sneakers in the rain and it's ok. :)

Do the teva mush have enough support?? I've always shied away from them.

I love keen sandals. Comfort and support of a sneaker in a sandal form, which most are waterproof. I get blisters very easily, and have not had a problem with my keens. Myself, dh and 2 youngest kids all wear them in the parks. 2 older kids think they are ugly. :rolleyes: Ah, the joys of teens.

I too have problems with blisters. Body Glide as previously mentioned saves the day. You can find it at most sporting good stores...Dicks for example. I have tried various footwear over the years and prefer Keens. Mine are an open web..they dry quickly but are not waterproof in the purest sense. I have to wear them with socks. When it rains I take the socks off. When it stops and my Keens are dry I don the socks again. I would suggest carrying a pair of socks if it is especially hot. If your feet sweat alot try spraying them at the begining of the day with an antiperspirant.

Another vote for Croc capris. They are sandals so feet don't sweat, and they are rubber so they dry quickly if you get them wet.

I love strap sandals that you can use in the water/hiking or just plain walking outdoors. You can really find them anywhere. At Walmart they sell them for as little as $20 ($10 for kids) or if you really want to make sure you are comfortable, they sell great pairs at Dick's Sporting goods or other stores alike. These range from $40-50 but are true hiking/walking sandals.

Here are a few links:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4002742&cid=CSE:GooglePlusbox

http://http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4038652&cid=CSE:GooglePlusbox

Let me know what you think!

Crocs!! Ever since I have started wearing them at WDW I have not had one single blister!!!! I wear either the Beach or Cayman style, they are the most comfortable for me with all the walking that is done at WDW. I never used to want to wear them because I thought they were ugly. But, I would rather wear shoes that I feel comfortable in all day, than worry about how they look.

I've been online looking at Crocs and noticed that they come in only full sizes. I take a 6 1/2.

What would I order...a 6 or a 7 ? I can't find them nearby to try them on first.

Thanks.

I've been online looking at Crocs and noticed that they come in only full sizes. I take a 6 1/2.

What would I order...a 6 or a 7 ? I can't find them nearby to try them on first.

Thanks.

For me, I usually wear a 8 1/2 and buy the 9. However, I was able to try them on the first time I purchased them, since there was a store near my home that I was able to get them at. I am sure if they don't fit, you could send them back, but you would probably loose out on the shipping and handling.

Another option is that when you go to WDW next, try on a pair of the Disney Crocs, that way you could try them on, and also get the Disney Crocs! :goodvibes

The BEST shoes I've found are Teva. My favorite is the Teva Terra Fi 3. CLICK HERE for a link to see what they look like.

If you like more of a tennis shoe type shoe, but one that is waterproof and comfortable in the warm weather, this is nice CLICK HERE

I can not tell you how comfortable Teva shoes are. Whether you have back problems, leg problems or feet problems, the support Teva offers is incredible.

Good luck choosing the right shoes and have fun!

Absolutely Croc Capris. In fact, I just ordered a new pair for my upcoming trip in September. Coming from a person who has foot "issues" when travelling, these sandals are the greatest invention ever. I tend to get water bubbles (aka blisters...but that sounds so ugly) on my feet and cracks on my heels. Don't mean to gross anyone out but it's only when I'm on vacation in WDW when this happens. Combination of the hot weather and all the walking but I go around with a mini first aid kit when I'm in the parks...moleskin, fabric bandages, polysporin, blister blocks, and this band-aid glide for feet to prevent blisters, I mean water bubbles. My last two trips I really didn't need much of this as my crocs kept my feet in great shape and they are great for water rides too. And the capris are cute!

For me, I usually wear a 8 1/2 and buy the 9. However, I was able to try them on the first time I purchased them, since there was a store near my home that I was able to get them at. I am sure if they don't fit, you could send them back, but you would probably loose out on the shipping and handling.

Another option is that when you go to WDW next, try on a pair of the Disney Crocs, that way you could try them on, and also get the Disney Crocs! :goodvibes

I am going at the end of March and I think I will wait and get Disney Crocs. Great idea.

Another fan of Keens here. I have the Newport H2 (in green) which I wear canoeing/kayaking/light hiking, and they're perfect for walking around the parks on a day where rain is forecast. Otherwise I wear Birkenstocks almost all summer long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter