best shoes for kids at DW?

trish4bruce

Mouseketeer
What do you find to be the best shoes for your kids at Disney? I have a 8year old DD and I am tring to find good shoes for her .

Every visit my two youngest DS9 & DS6 will wear their Crocs. They swear it is the most comfortable shoes for touring the parks. As for myself, I will not leave my home without my crocs - i've tried several different sandals and sneaks but I find the crocs to be very comfortable for all the walking. Enjoy!

My kids like the water proof sandals from Lands End or LL Bean. We usually have two pair so they can switch off everyday. The waterproof is nice becuase if we get caught in an afternoon rain shower, or they just want to run around in a foutnain, etc. they do not end up in wet, squishy tennies.

My DD13 and DS6 won't wear anything but their Crocs. My DD13 fights with me to wear mine when she doesn't have hers. My DS6 hasn't worn anything but crocs for the last year.
Go Crocs!

Last yr...I got my girls crocs...the slide in kind AND the new skecher fitted kind...
Both HATED them and my oldest got blisters...

We've done well with flip flops tho it doesn't seem a popular choice...
OR
old tennies that they have broken in...

Crocs here - but, if they are new to crocs, you may want to get some of that body glide and put it on the inner side of the foot - we always seem to get a "hot spot" there if they are new crocs and we haven't broken them in yet.

my kids do love their crocs and wore them a few times as DW, but for the most park they wore their stride rite waterproof sandals. They were very comfy, supportive, could get wet and dried quick. They are not cheap but they never complain when they wear them. My girls hate sneakers so we did not do sneaks at all. Only reason they did not wear their crocs all the time... they found they tripped up in them a lot when they were walking so i was afraid they would hurt themselves. I will be heading back to stride rite in april when they have their annual sandal sale (buy one get one 1/2 off) ;)

Another vote for crocs!
We've worn them in WDW twice - no blister problems and no complaints from the kids about feet hurting either. Easy on and off, stay dry, no laces to fuss with, and can comfortably wear them wither w/ or w/o socks - on cooler evenings it can keep those toes warm to wear w/socks. Even DH has a pair that he brings to wear around the pool.

My advice is bring two totally different types of shoes to rotate, like crocs and tennis shoes. When feet get sore having a totally different style feels great.

Dd did well with Crocs. But she also had flip flops and Ked Tennis shoes. But mostlcy crocs

DS wore his crocs but since he was in a stroller we allowed him take them off when he was riding. Oh he also wore sandles.

But I too would vote Crocs. Our last trip I wore Crocs everyday but one and I wore Keds. I have worn Keds since I was a kid never a problem. But on the one day I wore Keds I got a huge blister. Crocs the rest of the trip.

Sneakers for my DD4...she fell and smashed her face at a local theme park( while wearing crocs):goodvibes

My kids wear their crocs. They are made of an antibacterial material which I LOVE for Disney. They don't stink up if they get wet and I can throw them in the wash with the laundry when I do that and then back on their feet, no dryer required :) Or just throw them in the tub after their baths and wash them...sit them on a towel and they are ready to go in the morning. All those bathroom floors...etc and the fact that our middle one has an issue with playing with his feet, Crocs work for us.

Totally crocs. Even my 1 1/2 year old, who doesn't have much language yet, says "crocs" many times a day and wants to wear them around the house all the time. My DD 41/2 has very narrow feet and we didn't have much luck with crocs for her until we discovered the mary -jane style. Now she's a convert too. I ended up buying airwalk brand "crocs" from payless for my little guy as they fit slightly better--they come in half sizes which real crocs don't.

I ended up buying crocs for the kids after one day walking in Disney, and a day later I bought myself Disney ones. I wish I had bought them earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter