Best shoes for Disney?

We just got back. I wore a pair of broken in black Nike Free's and a pair of red new balance classic's. Both looked cute with shorts. I packed a pair of reef flip flops for the typical afternoon rain storm and to wear on Kali River rapids.

I was surprised to see people wearing sandals, ballet flats, converse, even wedges, so much walking and so little support. My feet and back would have quit.

I have to agree with the keens and sneakers. Whatever you go with...go with two pairs and switch out your shoes. I used to not follow that advice, but finally did on my last trip. What a difference it makes!

When I see people wearing flip flops, ballet flats, heels (!) I wonder if they are locals who do not plan on being in the parks all day.... or newbies!

I'm a huge fan of my Ahnu Karma flats (textile, not leather). They are so incredibly comfortable, and damned cute, too. They have great support, I've never had any problems with blisters (even after 5 full commando days in the parks), and I can throw them in the wash and they come out looking like new. They also run about $50, so they don't break the bank. I absolutely recommend.

I'm currently breaking in a pair of denim blue Skechers Breathe Easy shoes, the cooling memory foam is great for my arch support and roomy enough for my toes too. Let's face it our feet are going to get warm in WDW and with all the walking you need comfort to keep you going or at least I do:) I may have to find something a little dressier for those signature dining places we've booked though.

Another Vionics wearer here! I love my Vionics flip flops, they have literally the best arch support of ANY of my shoes! I also have a couple of pair of Mizuno Wave Paradox 2 tennis shoes, which I have broken in well. My plan is to wear those and take the flip flops if I need to change. I like that the Mizunos have a mesh like fabric for most of the upper rather than leather, so it breathes really well.

One thing about Vionics is that if you are t used to such strong arch support, expect your feet to get an almost crampy pain (not full on cramp, but like your foot is thinking about cramping, lol), while your feet adjust to the support. It takes my feet maybe a day or two if I haven't been wearing proper support for awhile. After that point, nothing else will be quite as comfortable though.

Another Vionics wearer here! I love my Vionics flip flops, they have literally the best arch support of ANY of my shoes! I also have a couple of pair of Mizuno Wave Paradox 2 tennis shoes, which I have broken in well. My plan is to wear those and take the flip flops if I need to change. I like that the Mizunos have a mesh like fabric for most of the upper rather than leather, so it breathes really well.

One thing about Vionics is that if you are t used to such strong arch support, expect your feet to get an almost crampy pain (not full on cramp, but like your foot is thinking about cramping, lol), while your feet adjust to the support. It takes my feet maybe a day or two if I haven't been wearing proper support for awhile. After that point, nothing else will be quite as comfortable though.

My Mizuno were a life saver in November. The only shoe I had that I had no issues with, I had a pair of adidas boost, Nike free and mizuno wave rider and the mizuno were great. No foot pain and little to no swelling at the end of the day

I used to stick to my regular athletic shoes--Nike, Reebok, New Balance. I REFUSED to wear sandals. Then I discovered Keens. While I wore them most of the time in everyday life, I was worried about Disney and took the athletic shoes. One evening, I had changed into the Keens for dinner and went back to a park without thinking about it. I have been Keens only since then.

I have plantar fascitis & then wrenched my knee 4 weeks ago (we head in a week).
Had gotten Croc, Sofft & Vionic wedges (3") but knee isn't having it yet...we shall see.
SO Asics tennies & Vionic flip flops/sandals.

I bought my first pair of Chacos for our trip. I love them but that darn strap. Any suggestions on how to take care of it? It is so long it drags on the ground. I tried tucking it under another strap but after awhile it starts rubbing on my foot.

My go-to Disney shoes are Keen Newport, especially for Kali River Rapids. They are very comfortable. Fortunately, I have small feet so they are still "cute" on.

I also wear my Minnie Mouse Vans with no-show socks. They are very comfortable and cute. But I won't wear them to AK.

I can't imagine wearing open-toed shoes, or heels, to the parks.

My kids still wear Crocs. Definitely the best all-around shoe. So easy to wipe dry if they get wet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter