• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Best/Secret" Rooms

shillee

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Is there a master list/deck plan somewhere that lists those 'special' rooms that everyone seems to love? Secret Port Hole rooms or verandah rooms that are at a lower category (and therefore price)?

We are cruising early next year and I suspect we will rebook. Right now I have no set itenerary/ship choice other than it will be one out of Pt. Canaveral and will probably be in the November-March timeframe.

We are currently booked for our upcoming cruise in connecting category 10 mid-ship rooms for the space with two young kids. Had considered a verandah and single room but the inside connecting rooms were a better price. I figure by the next cruise we are more open about potentially a single room?

Thought I should be doing some research now on rooms to consider...

I'd love to know this as well! (Wonder and Magic). So many threads to read.

As to 'which ship', my question is do the ships rotate which port they dock in? We want to go out of PC, which is where I think the Magic is (we are taking that one in February) but if in 2013/2014 there will be different ships in there, then I guess I want to know about those.

Not sure they've discovered any "secret" rooms on the Dream yet. But on the Magic & Wonder there are 6 "secret porthole" rooms (SPH) on deck 5 forward. They are sold as Cat 10 inside deluxe rooms but they actually have obstructed view portholes. The cabin numbers are 5020, 5022, 5024 and 5520, 5522 & 5524. The 5020 and 5520 cabins are NON-connecting but do not have the steamer trunks. The __22 and __24 rooms connect and DO have the steamer trunks. The most obstructed views are in the two __24 rooms. The views in the __20 and __22 rooms are quite similar. They are a fantastic bargain - esp. IMO if you can get any of the __20 or __22 rooms. All of these rooms sleep 4.

Then there are what's referred to as "secret verandah" rooms. There are 4 of them - located AFT. They're the most forward ones on decks 6 & 7 out of what's classified in the Cat 7 Navigator Verandah category. Their cabin numbers are 6134 & 6634 and 7120 & 7620. Although they are sold as Navigator cabins (which have enclosed solid wall railings) they actually have the clear plexiglass railing so you can see out. But they have a slight obstruction down the side of the balcony due to the curvature of the ship. NOTE that these 4 cabins only sleep 3. There is no pull down berth.

As to 'which ship', my question is do the ships rotate which port they dock in? We want to go out of PC, which is where I think the Magic is (we are taking that one in February) but if in 2013/2014 there will be different ships in there, then I guess I want to know about those.

Right now the Dream and the Magic run out of Port Canaveral. The Wonder is out of Los Angeles. In 2012, the Fantasy will run out of Port Canaveral with the Dream and the Magic is set for different ports throughout the year.

Anal Annie --> Very informative, thank you! :worship:

I just spent the past hour and bit trying to ferret out that information myself. I finally founds posts as to which 6 staterooms for 10A, but didn't know about the connecting rooms or best views of the 6.

Next on my list was the secret verandahs. I read about them quite awhile ago but didn't need the info at the time. Now I don't have to spend another 1+ hours searching. I was going to try for that, but had not realized they only sleep 3 people. We need 4. Thanks again!! :goodvibes

Oh thank you! I will be taking that with me on our next cruise for booking :) And good to know about the verandah - we need space for 4 people as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter