Best Seats on Rides?

ZephyrJG

Earning My Ears
So what are the best seats on the rides? (all parks)

I know on some of the rides it doesn't matter (Haunted Mansion and rides like that obviously)....

But what rides DOES it matter on? And where is the best seats on those rides?

A good example I have heard is that if you sit in the back row on Splash Mountain, you won't get as wet.

Soarin': Gate B Row 1, but even row 3 is better than the other gates because being centered is key.

Big Thunder: Sit in the back for more "air time."

Jungle Cruise: Closest to the skipper is best for interaction (and hearing clearly).

Splash Mountain: Sit in the front for maximum soakage, or of course the rear for a minimal drenching.

Kali River Rapids: It's the luck of the draw...sorry!

For me, there are very few rides where it really matters. But the few I can think of...

Soarin': As noted above, there is distortion if you don't sit in the middle

RnR: Personally, I love the back of this ride. It's really awesome to watch the rest of the train corkscrew in front of you before you flip.

Safari: Sitting on the ends of the row gives better views of the animals (though I always sit in the middle so the kids can see)

Buzz in MK: I'm left handed, so I like to sit on the left side. Shoot with the left, spin with the right

Is there a way to get Gate B Row 1 for Soarin'? Like can you request it and just wait an a little longer to go on it? It's been a very long time since I've done Soarin' (DD is finally big enough and years past I didn't bother to do it while at Epcot)...

What about Tower of Terror? Any importance there in terms of seeing everything well?

(I haven't been to WDW since 2011 so I can't remember very well)

Is there a way to get Gate B Row 1 for Soarin'? Like can you request it and just wait an a little longer to go on it? It's been a very long time since I've done Soarin' (DD is finally big enough and years past I didn't bother to do it while at Epcot)...

You can ask the CMs and they will likely accommodate, but it will depend on the particular CM. I never ask myself but I have seen people do it.

What about Tower of Terror? Any importance there in terms of seeing everything well?

(I haven't been to WDW since 2011 so I can't remember very well)

I don't love sitting right next to one of the walls of the cart, at least if not in the front row, but it's not a huge difference really.

You can ask the CMs and they will likely accommodate, but it will depend on the particular CM. I never ask myself but I have seen people do it.

Thanks! I guess it never hurts to ask anyway and if we only plan to do it once this trip why not try for the best seat ;)

I like to be in the front row of Pirates and Small World.
The left side of the Safari truck tends to have more to see (rhino, elephants, lions, warthogs are all on the left). If you want to take pics without the back of 20 people's heads in your shots, sit on the left.
If they are still running the western/gangster cars, I like to be in the first car so I am in the western scene. Not sure if they still do that as I haven't gotten it in years.
Soarin B1 or bust.

Pirates: front row

All coasters (Big Thunder, EE, 7dmt, etc): back row

Living with the land: front row of every boat for maximum leg room

Safari: back row

ToT: front row

Soarin: highest row

For roller coasters is depends on where the "engine" is. You want to be opposite of that. So Everest is the front but Big thunder is the back. I like either on RnR but I think the front is usually preferred? On TT I like the front row for pictures. Boat rides I like the front but you often can get wet on Pirates or Frozen if in the front 2 rows.

Sitting in the last seat of Space Mountain, you REALLY got jostled around. MY DH loves that seat.. I on the other hand love the first seat. There's one hill ascend when you reach the top and the track flattens out I always feel my stomach drop, get scared, and then love it all at the same time :laughing:.

I love the front row of Gran Fiesta Tour. After you clear the loading dock you can put your feet up! :teeth:

Front of RnR.

Middle of Soarin.

Husband would say middle of TT because you get more leg room.

Front of splash to get wet!

Back of BTM and Space Mtn.

Back of parking tram. The exhaust smell of the parking tram is sickening. Lol

We have young kids so I usually like to be in the front rows to get good ride pictures of them! Small kids need to be in the left seat of 7DMT as well as Splash or a bigger adult will block them on the picture. I also prefer for our family to be in the same cart on 7DMT or it will mess up the pictures as well. I personally prefer the front of Space as it is less jerky.

Back of SM if much rougher. I prefer the middle or back of the front rocket. A little smoother and more leg room. The front has the least leg room

On the old style roller coasters that clank up the hill then surrender to gravity we prefer the last car as you spend more of the ride at a higher speed. No, I'm not saying that at any moment all the cars aren't going the same speed, it's that the rear cars are already speeding up before cresting the hill as gravity pulls the front cars down.

Bill From PA

I always ask on certain rides to wait for my preferred seat. Why wait in line and not make each ride the BEST? CM's always accommodate, we just have to wait until the next ride and let some people in front of us if those seats are already taken. We ride Tower and Space over and over when there are no waits and some CMs eventually recognize we always ask for those seats.

Tower: Always always front row. It loses the experience being behind others instead of front and center with the view of the world as you drop :)

Space: Back row because you really get whipped around. I throw my arms up and feel like I'm flying back there. Awesome times

We never ask but last week when DH and I rode the CM miscounted and ended up with 9 guests that didn't fit on the ride so we were left waiting for the next one
They'd lined us up on Gate C but I asked if we could go to B instead, since we had to wait anyway.
It wasn't any problem at all
I'm not sure I'd bother to ask in any other instance. We've ridden all over the theater and while yes, B is better the other 2 aren't so bad the ride is ruined or anything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter