Best seafood? (1 Dining credit only please)

KTwiegs

Mouseketeer
my husband loves seafood and do not so one of our meals had been slated for seafood.
What is everyone's favorite seafood spot?

I have had sustainable fish dishes at Skipper Canteen, although I wouldn't classify it as a seafood restaurant.

I suspect you'll have a few folks recommend Cape May. But no, never. Just not good - poor quality and preparation, not to mention a very blah atmosphere. Teppan Edo offers shrimp that is good. 'Ohana has good shrimp as well. Boma had a very good seafood soup. Captain's Grille has a few decent seafood options. Chefs de France has a pretty good salmon dish.

Most restaurants with a variety of good seafood are 2 credits that doesn't mean you can't find a seafood dish at other restaurants. I will disagree with poster who condemns Cape may the seafood is descent and it is a one table service credit they also offer different fish on different night if you look on all ears at the menu you can see what nights what is offered. I think the best bet you have is to look at the menus of restaurants and then ask about a certain restaurant.

For 1 TS I like Teppan Edo and The Wave. The salmon at Wolfgang Puck Wxpress in Disney Springs is really decent for 1 CS credit.

My family loves the Cape May Cafe buffet. The menu rotates nightly. I believe All Ears Menus has the daily menu posted.

I've heard there's lobster roll sliders at the Grand Floridian pool counter service location. We're tempted to make a trip there to try them out.

The Boathouse in Disney Springs has wonderful seafood but is a 2 credit restaurant on the DDP. However, we enjoy going there and paying OOP. We like to sit outside on the deck and order cocktails and the fried fish buckets. My kids love to explore the boat museum on the dock, so it's a win-win for us adults.

For quality seafood your best bets are Boathouse or Flying Fish probably but those are 2 credits. Although we won't return to Cape May it certainly has the most seafood options of any 1 credit restaurant (and generally gets good reviews on Trip Advisor)

Most 1 TS restaurants have a Seafood choice, I've tried quite a few and they have been surprisingly very Good.
I'm a Pescatarian (I eat Seafood and Vegetarian Entrees when I go to WDW)
I don't think you have to be a seafood snob to eat good seafood.

I have eaten Very good seafood at these 1 TS:

Tutto Italia-(Salmon entree and the Shrimp Risotto)
San Angel Inn (inside Pyramid)Mahi Mahi
Spice Road Table-Tuna Steak
Tokyo Dining-Monk Fish
Skipper Canteen (whole Lion fish)
Kona cafe'
Chefs de France (can't remember name but was a Saffron based Fish Stew/soup)
Rose and Crown (fish and chips)
Yak and Yeti (even though I really don't care for Landry own Chains which also includes Boathouse)

Last edited:
Cape May is my first choice for a 1 TS credit. It is a buffet and it is not top shelf seafood but it is tasty and has a great selection. If you love seafood but have adjusted your expectations so you are not expecting true, fresh from the sea, top dollar goods, then you will be fine. Pair your dinner with a boat ride back to Epcot's International Gateway for a nice, atmospheric end to your evening.

IMHO for the most part "best 1 TS credit seafood" is kind of like "best QS burger": it may be the best but that's not saying much.

I'd say an exception to that is The Wave, which is generally underrated IMHO.

my husband loves seafood and do not so one of our meals had been slated for seafood.
What is everyone's favorite seafood spot?
It's not a "seafood spot", but TRex in Disney Springs has a delicious swordfish plus shrimp entree. It's one dining credit.

The scallops at The Wave are quite nice. For 1 ts credit, the Coral Reef is a decent deal too. We've always had good luck and had enjoyable meals there. The atmosphere is interesing to experience at least once, and you don't have to travel from a park to eat there.

Of course it goes without saying this is only my opinion and yours may certainly vary. You cant get good seafood with 1 TS. You can get decent seafood at Cape May, Coral Reef, Teppan Edo, Olivias, and a host of other restaurants. The best seafood is at BlueZoo at the Swolphin followed closely by the Boathouse and perhaps the Flying Fish(havent tried since refurb) didnt care for the old version.

Thank you for all the suggestions! My husband has decided on Olivia's. The conch fritters app sealed it for him!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter