• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Scooter Company?

msr709

DISfan forever
I've decided to use a scooter from the "Preferred Vendors" list. I've always used Walker or Randy but neither are in the "list". Which one would you consider the best choice. Traveling in the summer and need a sunshade on the scooter. Not too concerned about the cost as much as about the service and the condition of the scooter. Any suggestion would be appreciated. TIA :thumbsup2

I just wanted to note that if you have liked renting from Walkers and/or Randy's in the past, there is no reason not to use them again. The "featured vendors" are allowed to utilize Bell Services for drop-off and pick-up, but other vendors will arrange to meet you personally. I have heard very good reports of both vendors you have used previously, so I wouldn't necessarily rule them out unless you have specific need to use Bell Services.

Enjoy your vacation!

I agree with lanejudy. Especially since you have used, and are presumably happy with, Randy's, there's no reason not to use either them or Walker's.

Disney no longer uses the "preferred" designation, most likely due to the unintended(?) negative impression it gives of the many other excellent companies. The ONLY reason those five companies are designated "featured" is that they pay a fee to be able to drop off and pick uo rental equipment at Bell Services.

Since you've used Randy's in the past and they've always met the customer at both ends of the rental, that's not a new or different procedure for you and shouldn't affect your decision.

We have used Care Medical and Walker's in the past, both with excellent results; our last trip we used Walker's for a scooter with a sunshade.

I agree with both of the PP - use who you are comfortable with! It's vacation - and the less to worry about, the more fun you'll have! :)

Thank you for your responses so far. The reason for using a "preferred vendor" is because we will be travelling with 2 children, one of them autistic that demand our constant attention. It would be more convenient to have the scooter picked up at my convenience. Checking in and settling in takes a while, traveling is exhausting as it is without having to worry to meet someone at a specific time. We went last year and the meet was inconvenient to me. Any experiences that can be shared on the preferred vendors would be appreciated. TIA :thumbsup2

Understood. Again, though, they're not preferred, they're featured. And they're only featured because they pay Disney to be able to use Cast Members.

I know you know, but many people who read this thread may not - and it'd be awful for excellent companies to be thought less of by potential consumers because they opted out of the 'right' to pay for special treatment.

Anyway, if you read through the titles on the first few pages on this board, you'll see people have had good and bad experiences with any of those companies.

Understood. Again, though, they're not preferred, they're featured. And they're only featured because they pay Disney to be able to use Cast Members.

I know you know, but many people who read this thread may not - and it'd be awful for excellent companies to be thought less of by potential consumers because they opted out of the 'right' to pay for special treatment.

Anyway, if you read through the titles on the first few pages on this board, you'll see people have had good and bad experiences with any of those companies.

I've never said that either Randy or Walker were bad companies, and I used the word "preferred" because that's how they are listed on the Sticky of this forum. I just want to see others experiences with other companies that are allowed to leave the scooters with Bell Services, just for the convenience.

I'm not trying to make this a debate, just wanted opinions of the following companies: Buena Vista Mobility, Best Price Mobility, Scooterbug, Care Medical, Apple Scooters. I've tried reading through the very LONG threads but wanted to see some more recent experiences. That's all, please don't read more into it than that. TIA ;)

Well, I'm hiring from Florida Mobility Rental this year (the balance is due in 6 weeks). I can't vouch for the condition of their ECVs until I actually get mine delivered, but if their customer service is anything to go by they're going to be brilliant.

I rented from Sun Mobility last year, and not only were both ECVs I had in shocking condition but I could never get hold of them by phone, even during office hours.

So, to my mind, someone who gives you the 'after sales care' and who has a 24 hour helpline and a lovely attitude is going to be key for me.

It also doesn't hurt that FMR gave me a quote for 14 days' hire which was nearly $150 less than Walker's!!

I've never said that either Randy or Walker were bad companies, and I used the word "preferred" because that's how they are listed on the Sticky of this forum. I just want to see others experiences with other companies that are allowed to leave the scooters with Bell Services, just for the convenience.

I'm not trying to make this a debate, just wanted opinions of the following companies: Buena Vista Mobility, Best Price Mobility, Scooterbug, Care Medical, Apple Scooters. I've tried reading through the very LONG threads but wanted to see some more recent experiences. That's all, please don't read more into it than that. TIA ;)

I am curious about this too. We are arriving late on 2/24 so we are staying at a Hilton property at that time. we are driving straight to MK before we check in. I don't want to have to meet someone before we go to the Parks.

I have talked to Walker, Buena Vista, and Apple on the phone and I like Buena Vista much more than Apple just based on that. I did like Walker the best, though. BV said they could drop it off at the hotel no later than 8am. I didn't think to ask Walker about that. I am calling them today about that. I still would love some opinions about the OP question.

This is my first year renting a scooter from an off site vendor. I chose Walker bc I heard a lot of good reviews about them and it helps that they have a pink scooter lol and also their scooters are water resistant. I have talked to them twice on the phone. First to confirm my reservation and the second time to switch the hotel location bc we switched our hotel. They were very nice both times I spoke with them. I can't say anything about their scooters yet bc I haven't seen it in person.

I have talked to Walker, Buena Vista, and Apple on the phone and I like Buena Vista much more than Apple just based on that. I did like Walker the best, though. BV said they could drop it off at the hotel no later than 8am. I didn't think to ask Walker about that. I am calling them today about that. I still would love some opinions about the OP question.

Walker is a very good company but they can't just deliver the scooter at Bell Services, they have to meet you. That is why I'm looking at the only ones that can deliver at Bell Services. :thumbsup2

I'm also trying to get some feedback concerning the companies that "are on the list" so I can just pick up the scooter from bell services. Any reviews on Scooterbug?

Thanks!

I am curious about this too. We are arriving late on 2/24 so we are staying at a Hilton property at that time. we are driving straight to MK before we check in. I don't want to have to meet someone before we go to the Parks.

If you're needing or expecting the ECV at the Hilton - and it appears that's the situation - they don't have the restrictions of who can deliver to Bell Services vs who needs to meet the vendor in person.

I would NOT rent from Apple - they were our go-to rental place for many years - however we had a horrible experience in November (3 different scooters, 6 different batteries). Which I thought - hey everyone has bad days....so we tried them again in Jan - and we went through 2 scooters and 3 batteries on a 2 day trip. We won't be renting from them again.

If you're needing or expecting the ECV at the Hilton - and it appears that's the situation - they don't have the restrictions of who can deliver to Bell Services vs who needs to meet the vendor in person.

I have decided to go with Walker. They have been super helpful on the phone and they can deliver to our Hilton so that it will be there before we even are.

I'm also trying to get some feedback concerning the companies that "are on the list" so I can just pick up the scooter from bell services. Any reviews on Scooterbug?

Thanks!
I used Scooterbug two years ago. They were great. No issues, nice scooter in great shape. They left it at bell services for me and I dropped it off the morning I left. Price was reasonable. I did see many people at the park with scooters from Walker. I was going to try them this year until I heard about the preferred companies with the drop off ability. The only reason I was going to change is because I thought the walker scooters seemed a bit smaller for maneuverability purposes and the basket seemed a bit larger. There were no issues, really, with the size of the Scooterbug scooter, it may be a tad longer than the ones from walker, still within the regulations, and they be a bit more expensive (not sure on this...I haven't priced anything out yet this year). Just individual differences. I wouldn't hesitate to rent from Scooterbug again.

I appreciate your response. The only reason we're not using Walker is because we want the ECV to be at our resort when we arrive, and we won't have to worry about meeting someone.

I appreciate your response. The only reason we're not using Walker is because we want the ECV to be at our resort when we arrive, and we won't have to worry about meeting someone.

Yup...I hear that...same here. I don't want to have to plan around waiting for someone to show up. Scooter bug actually had my scooter at the resort the night before I needed it. I just walked over to bell services...and there she sat!

I used Apple a couple of weeks ago and had a mostly positive experience. We used them last year and had a great experience. The battery on my scooter this time didn't seem to last as long but we started carrying the charger and letting in charge when we were at dining reservations etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter