• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best scary/thrilling ride?

sunnydays28

Mouseketeer
Dad and I both love coasters, the more thrilling the better but this trip is really for our daughter to see Seuss landing and Curious George. So if we have time for one ride, what should it be? NO Harry Potter, and not the spinning kind, but fast, twisty, upside down is best.

Hulk in IOA would be best. 65mph, 7 inversions, >100ft drop, and that launch is just great! It's the most intense coaster in either park.

2nd choice: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. 65mph, vertical lift hill, >150ft drop, no inversions, lots of twists, and you can pick your own song to listen to!

3rd Choice: Mummy. Indoor coaster. 45mph, no inversions, lots of twists, 26ft drop, two hard stops, one 10ft backwards drop, and lots of things that go BOO at you.

My choices would be:
1. Dragon Challenge (orange train)
2. Dragon Challenge (blue train)
3. Hulk
4. ROTM
5. Spiderman

IMO the Mummy is the best thrill ride at the parks, but its also a themed ride, not just a coaster, has a lot to it, story, visuals, very cool.

Now for pure thrills (going high fast) I am assuming that would be a default RRR, but it has had problems and tends to be down some.

Next would be the Hulk coaster, very very good coaster, (actually not a coaster at all.) Hulk and the Mummy both have high speed launches utilizing high speed motors that catapoulte you up the lift, which is AWESOME :thumbsup2

Dragon Challenge is at the bottom of my coaster list for Universal, IMO they are OK, not a big fan of those types of coasters (lots of twists and turns, not real fast, not real straight) you do go upside down, they are the ski lift coaster type. But they are good, just not my favorites.

If you have both parks to choose from then my #1 suggestion as with so many others would be Hulk, it's the one ride to pin you into your seat.

If you only have US available then I would put Rocket as the best choice. The vertical lift is something to experience, very surreal. But aside from that it isn't a very extreme coaster. The Mummy is a close second, and from it's strap-line of being a psychological thriller, the theme & suspense elements are good - but not that much actual roller-coaster IMO.

The Dragons are a good alternative in IOA, but one is OK, and the other average. The re-brand as a HP ride was incredibly sloppy I feel, and as such does spoil it.

My choices would be:
1. Dragon Challenge (orange train)
2. Dragon Challenge (blue train)
3. Hulk
4. ROTM
5. Spiderman

I agree Dragon Challenge is WAYYY more intense than Hulk. The Hulk has a launch that's fun, but not really that fast and it robs you of that stomach-in-your-throat drop feeling. Dragon Challenge (especially red one in the back) whips you down that drop so fast you cant help but scream. And towards the end, the loops are so tight you feel like your flying through them. Hulk has more swooping elements that feel smoother and is a more standard coaster model than the dueling Dragons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter