Best sandals for parks?

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I've been testing out my sandals to see which will keep my feet pain-free after a full day walking in them. Unfortunately, all of them are leavng me with bad pain on the upper sides on my feet. Even my Born sandals (with thin soles) don't work. Any suggestions? Want something thats also cute enough to wear with sundresses, also definetly need the slingback for ankle support. TIA!

OMG I love...love...love my Crocs (Patricia). I can walk all day/all night with no problems at all. Brought them to NY with us for a two day weekend and that's all I used and my feet/legs were never tired. Also, great for WDW and the summer rain because they're not leather. I think if you try them you'll love them. Good Luck in whatever you decide and enjoy visiting with the mouse.

Another vote for Keens! I kept any eye out for sales for the ones I wanted and ended up getting them for $64 (reg. $90). I bought them from shoebuy.com (or maybe it was shoes.com).

I recently posted a similar question. I wound up (after a lot of research) with a pair of Teva Open Toachi sandals. They have the Mush footbed and are incredibly comfortable (and I have a lot of trouble with my feet bothering me).

At one point I had decided to send them back because I thought they weren't going to work with my wide feet, but I just had to figure out how to adjust them properly.

I liked them so much that I have since bought 3 more pair in different colors. :rotfl2:

ETA: The Keens that I tried on were very comfortable too. :)

I have *lots* of trouble with my feet. So far the magic combination are the Abeo waterproof sandals with moleskin stuck to the insides. The arch supports are fantastic, but the waterproof soles tend to rub too much. The moleskin stops the rubbing and solves the problem.

So i have 2 go-to sandals that I bought for my recent trip to Italy and for our Sept. WDW trip. When in Italy, I alternated wearing these shoes during tours in the city where I walked all day in cobblestone streets and had absolutely no back or feet pain:

th_79077f1f.jpg

The shoe up top is called Merrell Freesia. I think this is a discontinued style but if you have a Merrell store, esp. an outlet, you should be able to get this on sale. I got my pair for $39.99 and it was originally over $80. I like these because the straps are fully adjustable. You can even remove the back straps if you prefer to wear this sandal flip-flop style.

This second pair is called Merrell Barefoot Glove. This shoe is so lightweight! It's also washable which is awesome. I got a lot of compliments with how dainty yet sporty this looks. It also comes in a bunch of different colors. I was able to wear them with ahorts, skirts, pants, etc. and it looked cute. The best place to get these are DSW shoes. They were at least $25 cheaper there than amywhere else I found!

Both shoes have great arch support and are lightweight. My feet never swelled in them even after walking all day in cobblestone streets. I would totally recommend either pair :)

OMG I love...love...love my Crocs (Patricia). I can walk all day/all night with no problems at all. Brought them to NY with us for a two day weekend and that's all I used and my feet/legs were never tired. Also, great for WDW and the summer rain because they're not leather. I think if you try them you'll love them. Good Luck in whatever you decide and enjoy visiting with the mouse.

I second the Patricia crocs and you can get them with or without the heel strap. I have them in black, brown and eggplant and wear them to work everyday in the summer.

h4b0DP7G5dknj-lNfFfh2btZQNL_9WXaf0EDBhBrLtelHE5ZNSk3uAtUIXhMcgFcbpscxnEmhz-8JjISXU8wQN1U7NVqLy3LlVQI6DTJvrC5aCVgxk-xEORe-y5Qt-3wZ1I9xjeMZwl98nAqVX5CfJNOSA=s220-c
TmNhdZKLhK4zxd4pJfELODX3h5vIAbnk_79lHvO3Gll2vAvfpCR0D-tOhRBlouGqWGBUTGEjXIR1u4JHfitVlTd6f4lNAGlaryoRcWLYUZC5BqhiGbBF0Zm0Oom0lEO0xLGfEHpQ0RXVmDi-pNfoTtaEy4KtpdmlSY_2BvdgdgjmEALc=s220-c

I always have good luck with Bass sandals. I find them to be supportive, comfortable, mostly stylish and priced well (especially if there's a bass outlet nearby - they usually have good sales).

I couldn't imagine wearing anything but sneakers at WDW, so I can't say from experience, but I've heard many people swear by Crocs. Ugly as sin, but they apparently do the job.

I second the Patricia crocs and you can get them with or without the heel strap. I have them in black, brown and eggplant and wear them to work everyday in the summer.

h4b0DP7G5dknj-lNfFfh2btZQNL_9WXaf0EDBhBrLtelHE5ZNSk3uAtUIXhMcgFcbpscxnEmhz-8JjISXU8wQN1U7NVqLy3LlVQI6DTJvrC5aCVgxk-xEORe-y5Qt-3wZ1I9xjeMZwl98nAqVX5CfJNOSA=s220-c
TmNhdZKLhK4zxd4pJfELODX3h5vIAbnk_79lHvO3Gll2vAvfpCR0D-tOhRBlouGqWGBUTGEjXIR1u4JHfitVlTd6f4lNAGlaryoRcWLYUZC5BqhiGbBF0Zm0Oom0lEO0xLGfEHpQ0RXVmDi-pNfoTtaEy4KtpdmlSY_2BvdgdgjmEALc=s220-c

I just bought a pair of these (no heel strap) at WDW last month :thumbsup2. The bonus..... the straps have little ºoº all over them :cool1:. They are VERY comfortable too :banana:.

I have a pair of Teva Terra Fi sandals that I love. Good support, very adjustable, and waterproof. Highly recommend them.

I recently posted a similar question. I wound up (after a lot of research) with a pair of Teva Open Toachi sandals. They have the Mush footbed and are incredibly comfortable (and I have a lot of trouble with my feet bothering me).

At one point I had decided to send them back because I thought they weren't going to work with my wide feet, but I just had to figure out how to adjust them properly.

I liked them so much that I have since bought 3 more pair in different colors. :rotfl2:

ETA: The Keens that I tried on were very comfortable too. :)

These are my faves too (Although, I'm too cheap for merrells or keens.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter