Best Sandals for Parks... Women's size 5??

BrittanyBB

Mouseketeer
I know the question has been asked time and time again what the best shoes/sandals/flip flops would be for the parks. However, my MIL takes a size 5 and most stores in our location only have size 6 and higher in most of the recommended shoes. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue or has small feet and can recommend sandals for her

Not sure the brands/styles you are looking for. I have a small foot too, but more like a 5 and 1/2, 6. I can use kids' shoes. I loved my DD shoes, so I found it in a girl's 4 that fit me perfect. Flip flops I just usually look for a girl's XL. They are generally cheaper than ladies too!

My DD9 a 5.5. We find a lot including Teva on Endless.com. Also check out the girls section. They have Tevas and others that look like adult shoes.

I know the question has been asked time and time again what the best shoes/sandals/flip flops would be for the parks. However, my MIL takes a size 5 and most stores in our location only have size 6 and higher in most of the recommended shoes. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue or has small feet and can recommend sandals for her

I wear a size 4 so I feel her pain. (the same size shoes as my 11 year old DD and 8 year old DS right now). Go look in the kids section. I know a lot of adult women resist this, but really you get cheaper shoes, better fit, more comfort. And a lot of the girls styles are really, really mature these days. I love the Teva Ominum for girls. The Teva Tirra are a little more "adult" and girly looking.

I wear a size five also. I find you can get a lot more choices if you shop on line. The stores only carry 1 size 5 so when it's gone you are out of luck. I love to wear my tevas to the parks they are so comforable. Try shopping at Zappos.com and getting a code off of retailmenot.com. Good luck:)

I'm in a size 5 as well. I've found Payless Shoe Source and KMart have shoes that will fit me. Sometimes, Ross Dress For Less will have some but you have to hit them right.

I don't have a recommendation for a sandal, but I will agree with the recommendation to shop online. You'll find a wide range of styles and sizes.

Zappos.com
Shoes.com
Shoebuy.com

These are all reputable online retailers. The great thing is that they offer Free Shipping and Free Return Shipping. That allows you to purchase several pairs of shoes without intending to keep all of them. Sometimes I will order a variety of styles and keep what I like best. Sometimes I will order a certain style in a couple of sizes and keep what fits best.

Whenever you know what you want to return, you simply go to your account on the website, identify the item(s) that you want to return, and print the shipping label on your home computer. It's very easy and convenient. You'll get the refund on your credit card when they receive the returned package.

I do find it helpful, also, to read the customer reviews on these websites.

I'd go on a web site like zappos.com, and do a search for sandals in size 5. That will narrow down the options for you, since you can do a search by size!

Zappos has free shipping and free return shipping, so if something doesn't work out, you can send them back for free!

Best Sandals Ever would be Olukai. They have arch so they support the feet, especially for prolonged walking. Also, they're water resistant, so they don't absorb the water and make the annoying squishy feel. I have a pair of the Olukai Ohanas. They begin in a size 5.

the websites others have posted are good. don't forget DSW online. I like my size 5 Reefs. the ones with the bottle openers on the bottom, not that i'd ever actually use the bottle opener. whichever sandals she chooses make sure she wears them to break them in before you go.

Please try to sway your MIL from wearing sandals to the park. I don't know many people that dont completely regret that decision after walking around one for an entire day.

The best shoes are athletic based that have some form of support.

A size 5 in womans is a size 3.5 in kids. Have her visit some shoe stores or check it out a little more online.

I take a size 9 and my feet are on the wider size, and Reef flip flops gave me the biggest blisters of my life. They were very comfortable at first but I don't know if the combination of sweat and walking and the material made me get blisters or what.

I just bought Croc's Crocband flip flops and so far so good. The smallest women's size is 6 I think but they make kids ones too. I live in Old Navy ones but these offer more support.

I have walked all over Disney World many times and several other worlds in a couple of different pairs of Croc sandals. I swear by them. They conform to your feet and help keep them cool. I hate hot feet. :cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter