Best route for DL

Mommy26

Mouseketeer
I was thinking of getting my FP rides done first and then heading straight to Toon Town and working my way forward. Is there an order of rides that's best to avoid crowds?

Of course there is. The best and easiest thing for you to do, IMO, is shell out $15 for a RideMax subscription. Even if you do not follow it, it will give you a sense of how lines build at DLR. See www.ridemax.com.

Fantasyland/Tomorrowland get the heaviest morning traffic.
Adventureland/New orleans Square/Frontierland/Critter Country doesn't start filling up until early afternoon.
Toontown opens an hour after the rest of the park, but character lines can get long around early afternoon.

Here's my advice: -get there early (20-30 min each day)
-Immediately grab a FP for Space
-Head to Fantasyland and hit the rides w/o FP (peter pan, Matterhorn, Alice, Mr. Toad)
-Hit Toontown ONLY IF you are big into characters. If not, just grab a Roger Rabbit FP and get out of there (Roger Rabbit's FP is disconnected meaning you can grab a set even if you are already holding onto a set from another ride)
-Then return to Space and ride w/ FP
-Tour Tomorrowland and pick up Indy FP
-Tour that side of the park, maybe using FP on Splash
-Head back to Toontown to use Roger Rabbit FP
-Hit Nemo in the evening.

That's pretty generic, but it should cut down on wait times. If you want a more detailed schedule, I would agree with Hydroguy in using RideMax.

My main advice is:

1) Take advantage of FP. I think there is a sticky at the top of this forum explaining it but the 2 biggest FP tips are: You do not have to return in the window... any time after the initial return time is fine. And after the return time of of your current FP (or 2 hours) you can get a FP to another ride. We collect FPs throughout the day to use in the afternoon and evening.

2) Fantasy Land is always crowded from mid morning on. Peter Pan, Alice, Dumbo all need to be ridden 1st

3) If you are not going to Fantasy Land every day go on a day where there is not early entry. Peter Pan will be a 1/2 wait even during early entry.

4) During parades many Fantasy Land ride waits are reasonable.

5) If you want to meet Mickey in TT go early... same for the princesses.

6) Space Mountain with a FP can still be a long wait.

7) Splash has the best single rider line. The wife and I always trade off doing Pooh or the Pooh characters and ride it that way.

8) Best advice for riding rides is to be there at opening and at closing... hour waits are walkons at those times.

We haven't been to DL during true Off season for a long time which will probably invalidate my advice. :)

Andy

Also you mentioned riding all the FP stuff first...doesnt work that way. Pick one of the big rides that you are sure will be open and head in that direction. Let's say you want to make sure you get on Space Mtn that morning...then go to Tomorrowland, ride one of the rides (Star Tours if it is open) or Matterhorn on the TL side...then haul to SM and go get fast passes...

Anyway I would validate what everyone has posted so far...but FP's you dont get a FP, run to the next FP ride queue and get another FP right away...read the FP when you get your first one and you'll understand what I am saying...you have to wait until the time on the fast pass you have in your hand says you can get another one. It could be 1 hour or it could be 4. It depends on how much they are being used. The cool thing is it says you ride between say 10-11am. You can come back ANYTIME after 10am that day. If it's 7pm that night, they'll still let you use it. But dont bother trying to use one from the day before...you'll get laughed at!

read the FP when you get your first one and you'll understand what I am saying...you have to wait until the time on the fast pass you have in your hand says you can get another one. It could be 1 hour or it could be 4. It depends on how much they are being used.
If I read this correctly, then it is not true. Whenever you get a FP the maximum amount of time you must wait until getting another FP is 2 hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter