• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best rooms at POR (closest to bus stop)????

klacey1

DIS Veteran
My DBF and I are staying at POR for 5 nights in August..we haven't made our reservations yet, but what rooms would be reccomended? We know by pictures that we want to stay in Magnolia Bend, and we want something close to a bus stop (without paying preferred rates!)

I would like to know this as well, and not to change the thread, but does anyone know if they only put parties of 2 in the mansions since Alligator Bayou rooms can sleep 5? Thanks-

I always stay at POR and request a room in Alligator Bayou, building 16,17 or 18.. they're all very close to the bus stop, main building and the pool between the buildings is so pretty, surrounded by lush trees! It's my favorite spot in the resort :cloud9:

We were at Magnolia Bend and just steps away from the South bus stop (which is the last before leaving for the parks). We were in a corner room at the back (parking lot view). Just request being near the parking lot & you'll be close. Also, we never had a bus go by to full to pick us up. We didn't leave at "peak" am time. We'd either go over to the food ct for b/fast and leave from the main stop (North), or go well before park opening.

Bldg 85, in Magnolia Bend, is close to the East Depot. Bldg 80 is close to the North Depot.
When we were in bldg 85, we usually just walked across the island and used the main depot...Mason/Dixon platforms....in front of the food court bldg.

We stayed in Oak Manor and I loved it. Its close to the main bldg (right next to the bridge). Its not far from the pool and right there is a quiet pool.

My favorite location.

Magnolia Bend hands down! That last bus stop is right there and is just a wonderful spot (one of my favorite spots in all of WDW for some reason).

We have stayed in Oak Manor, Magnolia Terrace and ParTerre Place. Magnolia Terrace is our fav, not just because it is closest to the bus stop.

Our last stay at POR was in ParTerre Place. We were in the last room before you get to POF. We used the QS at POF as it was closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter