Best room for family of 6?

Shenandoah Minnie

Mouseketeer
Hey, what do you think is the best resort to stay at with 6 kids. The kids are 15, 9, 4, infant. This would be a second trip for a couple of the kids. I have two kids so I can't answer this question for a dear friend. Thanks!!

What is their budget? If they need to try and stay as cheaply as possible I can recommend an All Star Family Suite. If they can spend more then a 2 bedroom DVC unit would be really nice.

I don't think budget is the biggest issue. I didn't think about a two bedroom DVC. How much more expensive would a DVC be? I do love the two bedrooms but I also think the family suite theming is very cute. If its hundreds and hundreds more they may go family suite. Do each resort have family suites? Thanks so much....any help is appreciated.

The only resorts that have the family suites are the All Star Music and the Art of Animation. The Art of Animations suites are newer, so they run around $50 a night more than the suites at the Music resort.

Since the youngest is an infant, they could technically squeeze into any of the rooms designed to accommodate five. For example, POR AB has two queen beds plus a murphy-type drop out of the wall bed. With a portable crib stuck in a corner of the room, they could pull it off...just not as comfortably as having two regular rooms anywhere (so they would have two bathrooms). We have done two rooms at the values, mods and deluxe. The DVC villas are fantastic, but very expensive unless they can rent points from someone. Oops...don't want to forget the cabins in FW. We've also stayed there. Still, it lacks two bathrooms.

The 2 bedroom DVC tend to be the MOST expensive option. (And out of the DVC 2 bedrooms SSS and OKW have the least expensive 2 bedrooms on property. They are also the furthest away from the parks).

We have 4 kids and have done a few different things but most often it is more affordable to do 2 connecting rooms over renting the points or paying Disney for a 2 bedroom DVC. It would depend on the time of year that they are visiting and if they plan on eating in the entire time which might help supplement the amount more that you pay.

AOA family suite is always the least expensive option for 6. There are also suites that sleep 6 at Coronado Springs, WL, & BWI, however they are really small. The one at WL & BWI are the deluxe rooms and only have one bathroom and 2 queens with a pull out sofa, however one nice perk to these rooms is that they come with concierge. I would not call them affordable though.

Connecting rooms are never guaranteed to be connecting which is something to think about as well, however, we have gotten them every time we have asked but I am always a mess the month before we leave worrying about what I will do if they are not! :rolleyes2 Doing that right now actually about our trip in Feb actually!

If you want any specifics about any of the options feel free to PM me. I think I have researched every way possible at DL and WDW to fit 6 people into a room/rooms. ::yes:: Good luck to your friends.

Consider the Ft. Wilderness cabins too.

OP--will your friends have a car, or are they using Disney transportation to get around? If they have their own car, and don't mind having only 1 bathroom, the Ft Wilderness Cabins are worth a look. If they plan on using Disney transportation, the cabins are a bit of a pain. They have internal bus stops where you have to go first, and then those buses drop you off at another bus stop where you catch the buses to the parks.

Another option that is normally least expensive is booking 2 adjoining rooms at a value resort. 2 bathrooms, 4 beds and it saves money too. It also works well as the younger child(ten) can be put to bed in one room and the rest of the family share time together in the other room. They can still hear them and are close as the doors between the rooms can be left open.

I have booked this option for many families that are 5 or larger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter