• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Room at Beach Club w/Napping Infant

Kritlyn

Earning My Ears
Anyone have any suggestions for room type at the Beach Club. I am going in first week of May w/ my husband, 4 year old and a 8 month old infant. The baby will be napping 2 x a day - hopefully once in the stroller and once in the room. Which room type do you think would be best. We cannot afford a suite w/ seperate rooms. I was thinking perhaps one w/ a full balcony so I can sit outside while baby napping or at night while they sleep. Is a ground floor room w/ a patio better. Water view? Is it worth the extra $$ ? Yacht clube has a room available for 8 or the 10 nights of our stay so we may consider that as well. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Kristen

I would go with a standard garden view at BC - or YC for that matter

the lagoon views offer more for you to see. but if you get a pool view - more noise to wake the baby up.

I wouldn't get a first floor room because of the noise - people walking and talking by you.

We had a studio at BC Villas in October..at that time..it was the same price as a deluxe room. It worked out great.. a little extra space, we had a larger entry way where we put the crib for our grandaughter to nap in. She is a good sleeper, we had a disney sitter and she didn't have any trouble at nap time, or getting the baby to bed that evening. I say baby..she was about 18 months at the time.

Thanks for the info. It is so hard to know where to stay when you have never been to the resort before. I hope the codes bring the room prices down. We are staying 10 nights so need to watch our rate. So... Is a standard garden view the same price as a standard room?

I agree with all the suggestions already given.

We stayed in a studio at the BC Villas in December with our 18 mo. old. Some days we read and napped on the balcony while he napped inside. I thought it was going to be difficult, but he really napped and slept easy for us. We could even watch tv at night while he slept, no problems. I think the kiddos are more tired at WDW with everything going on and sleep much better than at home!

We also loved the extra room of the villa, and having access to the kitchenette too.

Have a great trip!
Kristi

yes - the standard view is a standard view.

however you can also go rent points for either BWV or BCV from a DVC member and save you some money.

the problem with the BCV is that it would be a slightly longer walk - but only a couple of minutes...

BWV the same - they are on the other side from BWI - so a slightly longer walk to Epcot - for the Studios they are closer.

if you try to rent a studio at BCV through CRO - expect it to be very expensive - so go rent points.

If you rent points then no housekeeping - some people get upset over this.

We just got back a couple of weeks ago with our 9 month old and he napped and slept in his pack and play and everything worked out great with our room. He was so tired that he would even nap while my older son and I watched cartoons.

We had reserved a standard room, but sent in a fax request a week before stating that we would be travelling with an infant and requested a room close to the elevators. We were in room 4619, which actually gave us a water view. :cool1:

The room was GREAT for us because we had a full balcony, and the room did not have the daybed, so there was plenty of room for the pack and play (although I have since heard from a CM that you can request that they take the daybed out of the room for additional space).

I personally would advise you NOT to get a first floor patio, since you will be travelling with a four year old. We were there last year, pre-baby, with our then four year old and I didn't feel as good about the patio, since he could just walk off. We spent a lot of time trying to keep him on or near the patio. Just my .02.

Have a great time!!! BC is wonderful!

We just returned on Sunday. Booked standard view at the Yacht Club, got a comp upgrade to lagoon view. IMHO the Yacht Club seems quieter than the BC. I heard tons of toddlers in melt down mode in the BC lobby, probably because it is so close to Cape May and the character breakfast. The Yacht Club, while a little more formal feeling is definitely kid friendly. We had room 3063, never heard a bit of noise from outside or the hallway.

Thanks everyone. I think I will book a standard room w/ a full balcony. Thanks for the advice about the patio. I never would have given it thought but now do think that I would have spent my entire vacation chasing after my 4 year old daughter. I would have like to stay in a one br or studio villa but it's too expensive through disney CRO and there is no availability through DVC member services for my dates - first week in May. Standard room will probably be fine - I just hope the kids will fall asleep in the same room as us without a fuss. Kristen

We love BC, and normally do BCV since we are DVC. We did stay at YC in 2001 (when I was pregnant with 1st DD.) We had a comp upgrade, and the vies was great.

Beware of some of the blaconys at BC, they are only big enough for one person to stand on. All of them at BCV and YC are full.

Once at BCV hubby stayed in room with DD when I swam at the pool, he could see me from the balcony. But the pool at SAB is much better for your 4 year old.

We are staying at BCV in 2 weeks, I can't wait. It is a great resort for kids that age.

We are going back the 1st week of May too (got to love Annual Passes) but not at BC (all out of points :guilty: ) but we will be at PORS for half the week and then head over to Vero Beach. We will also have a 4 year old and at that time a 9 month old!

Don't worry the kids will fall alseep, pass out more like it. We don't plan to go back to the room every day for naps, but will adjust as needed. Right now the baby sleeps everywhere and anywere just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter