Best Room Area Request at Grand Floridian CL, Sugarloaf

Liz&Griff'smom

Mouseketeer
I am planning to book a CL Sugarloaf room at the Grand Floridian for this summer. I have read some reviews that mention certain rooms are very noisy due to the lounge. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best room request to avoid the noise? Thanks!

I would recommend requesting exactly what you are looking for - a "quiet room". No matter where we stay, I always request a "quiet room" on a "high floor". If you ask for a specific room or even a specific area, the room assigner won't know why you've requested that area and, if the area isn't available, will put you in any room that is available.

I am planning to book a CL Sugarloaf room at the Grand Floridian for this summer. I have read some reviews that mention certain rooms are very noisy due to the lounge. Does anyone have any recommendations on the best room request to avoid the noise? Thanks!
The few rooms above the lobby below has noises , happy noises wafting up. I love those rooms lol.

However if you want quiet the ends of the halls would be perfect. All 4th floor and many 3rd floor are dormer rooms. (Vaulted ceiling , private enclosed balcony)

A quiet 2nd floor room would guarantee a full balcony if needed.

However even tho many don't like the enclosed dormer balcony they are not connected to the neighbors so more quiet. Look at any building of gf and see the difference of the top floor vs lower floors to see what I mean if needed.

FYI there are stairs at both ends of the building. You can use your MB to enter SL building that way as well. That's very helpful in bad weather.

We are at the GF SL now and I would definitely request a quiet room on a higher floor at the end of a hallway. The lobby does indeed get very noisy...and the food and beverage smells waft into the rooms too! We are in a dormer room on the 3rd floor at the end of a hallway and it’s definitely quiet compared to other locations, but the smell of brewing coffee is still waking me up every morning at around 7 lol.

We loved our top floor dormer room at the end of the hall facing the pool. There was no one to one side of us and it was tucked away from the lobby. It did have the enclosed balcony, but we didn't mind that. I didn't notice any noise and we were there President's Day/Princess Half Marathon week so it was pretty busy.

We have always had a room along the hallway and it was blissfully quiet. And I have noticed more noise in the area around the lounge below.

As others suggested, request a 'quiet room'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter