• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

best restaurants in Vegas?

leahjade

DIS Veteran
looking for fun with great food - we will have two older teens with us so please keep it family friendly, thanks!

This could be one of the biggest debates ever. There must be a thousand dining establishments in LV. Probably more.

I'm going to say Dave and Busters. Though the one I went to was way off the strip.

Wow.

Fun, and great food.

Hmmm.

Some of these (Rainforest Cafe!) might not have THAT great food, but probably won't serve something inedible.

Some are fine dining, like Alize and the Eiffle Tower restaurant

Hope this helps!

Theme restaurants - Rainforest Cafe/MGM Grand, Harley Davidson Cafe, NASCAR Cafe/Sahara, Dick's Last Resort (lunch only!)/Excalibur, Margaritaville/Flamingo, Gilleys/Treasure Island, House of Blues/Mandalay Bay, BB King's/Mirage

Gourmet Burger restaurants - Burger Bar/Mandalay Bay, BLT Burgers/Mirage, Strip Burger/Fashion Show Mall, Holsteins/Cosmopolitan, LBS/Red Rock

View or unusual locations - Eiffel Tower Restaurant/Paris, Top of the World/Stratosphere, Alize/Palms, Foundation Room/Mandalay Bay (this is a private club), MIX/THEhotel, Olives/Bellagio (patio seats outside), Mon Ami Gabi/Paris

Unusual menu - Texas de Brazil/Town Square Mall (Brazilian churriscarria bbq), Cheesecake Factory/Forum Shops, Grand Lux Cafe/Venetian

Old School Vegas - Hugo's Cellar/4 Queens, Piero's/off strip

It's turned into a tradition for my wife and I that whenever we go to Las Vegas, we always have to have at least one buffet meal. Our go-to favorite is the Bellagio buffet. We've eaten at the Wynn when they first opened and they served king crab legs and really large cocktail shrimp but when I was there last May, they no longer serve the king crab legs and the shrimp ahs def shrunk in size so we went back to Bellagio.

If you're looking for an upscale dinner, then you won't go wrong with the SW Steakhouse inside the Wynn.

Otherwise, if you're looking for some some places to eat, I owuld recommend asking the conceirge when you arrive at the hotel and they'll be able to give you a list of places to eat on the strip. If it's your first time there, I would actually recommend not asking the coneirge and just go for a walk on the strip and eat where your stomachs take you. Trust me, you will not miss the restaurants as there are lights and signs everywhere trying to get your business.

I personally loved Sinatra at Encore Wynn. Peppermill is also pretty fun :)

Was in Vegas last month and went to burger bar in Mandalay bay. This was lovely place to eat and very friendly.

There is the Earl of Sandwich in Planet Hollywood. Love the sandwiches. Also the buffet in Paris is awesome it is a little pricey. Just so many places.

Not sure if it's "fun" per se, but if your teens like chocolate, I highly recommend Max Brenner at Caesar's Forum Shops. I ate dinner and breakfast there last time I was in town and it's fantastic. Great food! They incorporate top-quality chocolate into a lot of meals. There's also a nice little shop area where you can get some killer chocolate to go.

BLT Burger at Mirage is a favorite of mine. Great burgers and a lively environment.

I believe there's now a Hard Rock Cafe just next to the MGM Grand.

I will have two teens along so any family friendly suggested are appreciated! Thanks!

The Irish restaurant in New York, New York is great - and family friendly. Depending on where you sit, you can watch and/or hear the roller coaster go by. Just make sure you ask for a table either upstairs or outside.

Most all of the restaurants in Vegas are family friendly - just remember, the later you eat, the more adult the crowd becomes.

Enjoy!

I would second the recommendation of Burger Bar at the Mandalay Bay mall. Very family-friendly, with something for everyone.

My personal choice would be Smith and Wollensky steakhouse which is right on the Strip. The Au Poivre 14 oz. filet mignon I had there a few years ago was hands-down the best I've ever had. It's expensive of course (hey it's Vegas!) but oh so worth it. Of course this is more of special occasion type of place, so leave the kids at the hotel room :).

I'm suggesting it .... I've attended 2-3 times over the years with my family.

My sis used to live in Henderson so we went to LV a lot with the kids when they were small. Now my DH and I go to LV once or twice every year.

So, yes, suggesting it.

Todd English's Pub in Crystals at City Center.

The Palm in the Forum Shops at Caesars.

Bellagio Buffet.

Mesa Grill at Caesars.

Fix at Bellagio.

Pinks Hot Dogs at Planet Hollywood shops.

Any restaurant at Venetian near the canal....great ambiance too.

Morels French Bistro at the Palazzo.

Do they - or anyone in your party - like a lot of homestyle cooking at a great price? Hash-House-A-Go-Go. The original is on West Sahara, but if you don't want to search for it or don't have a car, there's a new branch at the Imperial Palace.

I'm guessing that the OP has already taken their trip by now, but for anyone else reading this thread, I HIGHLY recommend Battista's Hole in the Wall.

Off the strip by just a block, down by the Westin across from Bally's. Fun for everyone. Families, couples, groups of friends. I go every single time I'm there. GO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter