Best restaurants in HS?

PrincessKathleen

Mouseketeer
Pretty far in advance, but my family is planning a Christmas trip for this year and based on what we have planned so far, it would be easiest to eat at Hollywood Studios one night because we all want to see the Osbourne Lights. I know a lot of people aren't too thrilled with the restaurant choices at HS and I was wondering what you guys would recommend or if you think we should just eat elsewhere and then go over for the lights. I've heard some pretty good things about 50s Prime Time but we're a pretty quiet family and I don't know how well everyone else in my family would take the antics there. Thanks for your help!

If you want fancy....HollyWood Brown Derby
If you want casual with kids....Sci-Fi
We are not fans of 50's Primetime and their antics but it does depend on your server. Some servers hardly do anything, others can be borderline mean about it.

We like mama melrose the food is always good and you can get the fantastic package. Also if you want to eat with the Disney jr characters Hollywood and vine is also good.

Hollywood Brown Derby is my favorite in park restaurant at WDW. I've dined there a dozen times and every meal has been very good.

50's Prime Time is one of our favorites. Always have had an excellent server. Never encountered any antics that would have been considered mean. If you want to just have your server to be a regular waiter/waitress just tell them so.

Brown Derby. Even with kids... this place is great.

Our second fave is Sci Fi Drive in.

Not a fan of 50's Cafe. I don't know what antics you guys are talking about. It's been several years since I've been there. Is this something new? I just don't like the restaurant.

jmcghee2024 said:
If you want fancy....HollyWood Brown Derby
If you want casual with kids....Sci-Fi
We are not fans of 50's Primetime and their antics but it does depend on your server. Some servers hardly do anything, others can be borderline mean about it.

I agree with this. With kids I say scifi. Adults only? Go for HBD. 50s is decent and the antics are funny but if you dont get a server that plays the part it can be quite dull.

Brown Derby is one of our favorites.

The food is great and the service, for us, has always seemed a little more professional than elsewhere on property.

We always ask to be seated in the main room. We sat one time out in the 'sunroom' type area and didn't particularly like it there. It kind of looks like they seat a lot of families with kids there.

We like Mama Melrose and Hollywood Brown Derby going to one or the other most trips, ate at both our last trip on Different days.

Pretty far in advance, but my family is planning a Christmas trip for this year and based on what we have planned so far, it would be easiest to eat at Hollywood Studios one night because we all want to see the Osbourne Lights. I know a lot of people aren't too thrilled with the restaurant choices at HS and I was wondering what you guys would recommend or if you think we should just eat elsewhere and then go over for the lights. I've heard some pretty good things about 50s Prime Time but we're a pretty quiet family and I don't know how well everyone else in my family would take the antics there. Thanks for your help!
As a kid, Sci Fi was absolutely my fave. The food there is just so-so, but it's a lot of fun. Primetime has pretty decent food. I like Mama Melrose too... have been wanting to try Brown Derby for years but haven't been yet. I tend to go for quick service at DHS since the sit-down selections aren't stellar. When we go in June, we are actually going to take the boat over to the Boardwalk and eat at Flying Fish the day we do DHS... if you don't mind the time out of the park, the choices at the Boardwalk are nice options not too far from there.

Another vote for Brown Derby and Sci Fi. I like Brown Derby for the food. Sci Fi is fun and casual.

As for 50PT antics...it really depends on your family. If you like quiet/calm meals, then I would skip 50PT.

HBD for very good fancy dinner, steaks and seafood, with quiet adult ambiance.
MM for good moderate Italian dinner with nice ambiance.
Sci Fi for good diner food, burgers and shakes, casual ambiance, unique dining experience of drive in theater.
50's for good diner food, comfort food, fried chicken, meatloaf, unique dining experience of eating at your aunts in the 50s era and being told to clean your plate or no dessert...
H&V buffet of average comfort foods.

We like HBD when we want a top quality meal and F! package. MM for a nice dinner w/ F! package. Sci Fi or 50s for lunch or when just feeling like a burger for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter