• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Restaurants for solo diners

GrumpyNee

Earning My Ears
I'm doing a solo trip next month and am wondering what are the best places for a single diner. I am on the DDP. I have made my reservations but am curious if they are the best choices.
This is what I have so far:

Kona cafe: - dinner
Teppanyaki - dinner
Yak & Yeti - lunch
Sci-Fi Dine in - dinner
Coral Reef - lunch
Rose & crown - dinner
Nine dragons - lunch

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :confused3
I haven't been to WDW since 1995 so I'm a little rusty.:yay:

If you'd like to be seated with others, then Japan and Germany are good choices. Of course, you never know if you'll enjoy your dining companions.

Jiko and Flying Fish have a eating bar... you can talk with the chefs as the cook. I have read solo travlers find it comfortable.

I heard on person uncomfortable at the Sif-Fi because the cars will be with others in back....and they had a couple that made her feel uncomfortable.

I agree with PP, you'd really enjoy sitting at "The Cooking Place" at JIKO and the bar at FF!!!!!

I went solo in Feb, the best place I felt was the Biergarten ,I was seated with other couples and had a ball with them and the food was wonderful!!I alsoloved Chefs de France and Crystal Palace!! When you are solo a lot depends on the friendliness of those sitting near you! I felt the wait staff treated me equally to a family and had no complaints at all. Besides those places I also ate at PH, Mama Melrose, Raglan Road, & Le Cellier !!

CG! The bar at CG serves a full menu, the bartenders are great and you can watch Wishes! I had one of my best nights ever at a solo dinner here.

Grumpy, I've done a few solo trips. I think the CMs go out of their way to make you feel more welcome when you're dining alone. The 50s Prime Time Cafe was really great because my "cousin" introduced me to the table next to mine and had us all looking at his photo album. The only one on your list that I would avoid would be Sci Fi but that's because the food wasn't all that great and I hate it when there isn't enough light to read the menu!

You're going to have a great time!

Grumpy, I've done a few solo trips. I think the CMs go out of their way to make you feel more welcome when you're dining alone. The 50s Prime Time Cafe was really great because my "cousin" introduced me to the table next to mine and had us all looking at his photo album. The only one on your list that I would avoid would be Sci Fi but that's because the food wasn't all that great and I hate it when there isn't enough light to read the menu!

You're going to have a great time!

Thanks for the advice!
I think you're right about the Sci-fi - it sounded fun at first but the more people talk, the less I want to go. I'll see if I can get an ADR for Prime Time.
I've done solo trips many times and I love it. My last solo was to London so WDW is a piece of cake:)
I know these next two weeks are just going to drag:sad1:

I've eaten solo at both PrimeTime and Rainforest Cafe - both times at the bar, not at a table. Plus there was never a waiting time since there are usually empty seats.

Thanks for all of the great recommendations. I have changed my Sci-fi ADR to the Prime Time Cafe.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter