Best restaurants for atmosphere (not food)

I love a good steak or great pizza as much as everyone else does. However, for me, Disney dining is just as much about the fun or atmosphere as it is the food. So, what restaurants do you recommend in the following situations:

1. a family with young kids possibly visiting Disney for the first time.
2. A couple with no children--
3. A person visiting Disney solo- wow....
4. A family with older kids or teens--- .

1. a family with young kids possibly visiting Disney for the first time. 1900 Park Fair breakfast was a favorite of my daughter's. The characters were Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter, Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and Mary Poppins. The food was really good... the buffet was a bit more upscale than some of the other character meals, and you had plenty of time with the characters. Also, the service was top notch and the offerings for the kids were delicious as well. It is located on the 1st floor of the Grand Floridian. If you have really small ones that may like Winnie the Pooh, Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom is a good choice. The place is large and very pretty. The food is good, whether going for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The service was really good, and I don't know who enjoyed it more... my 2 year old niece, or my son in law...lol!

2. A couple with no children-- my husband and I really love Narcoosees, especially after the sun has gone down. It sits out over the Seven Seas Lagoon with a nice view of the Magic Kingdom. If you time it right, you may be able to catch the fireworks, but make those ADRs early, because everyone basically has the same idea. Another favorite is Citricos, located on the 2nd floor of the Grand Floridian, overlooking the Gardens. The food is wonderful, as is the service. Artist's Point is also wonderful. This is located on the 1st floor of the Wilderness Lodge, overlooking the Wilderness Lodge pool. It has a nice, warm, cozy feel to it, and the service is great, as is the food. We also love to eat at Le Cellier, but mostly for the food. It is located in a wine cellar in the Canada Pavilion in Epcot. It is a very small space, and at times it can feel like you are sitting with your neighbors... which is a shame, because everything else about it is top notch. If you like Mexican food, the atmosphere in San Angel Inn in the Mexico Pavilion is fantastic. It is like you are eating at night, outside near a Mexican market.

3. A person visiting Disney solo- wow....I think any of the restaurants would be fine, but personally, if I'm going to do a restaurant by myself, I want scenery... people watching, and that sort of thing. Maybe a nice table by the window in Chefs de France? I have only ever eaten alone at counter service restaurants, so I don't know that I could be that much help in this capacity. If I eat at a counter service restaurant, I usually come armed with a good paperback and sit in a quiet corner. I think that Columbia Harbor House in Liberty Square in Magic Kingdom is a nice place to do this. At times, the upstairs is open, and you can look out the windows into Fantasyland.

4. A family with older kids or teens--- I would suggest some of the more interactive restaurants like 50's Prime Time in Disney's Hollywood Studios or maybe Whispering Canyon on the 1st floor ot the Wilderness Lodge. They also might like to eat at some of the Downtown Disney restaurants, such as House of Blues, Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex or Planet Hollywood. There is also a new restaurant that just opened that sits on the water in the old Pleasure Island area called the Boathouse. I have heard really good things about it.

The Rainforest cafe and T-Rex come in mind for kids. I would say for older kids and teens, the Coral Reef. For couple without children, San Angel restaurant in Mexico and for a person visting solo, I wouldn't know.

We are a young(ish - late 20's/early 30's) couple with no children and we booked Jiko for our one year wedding anniversary coming up :lovestruc the decor and theming look amazing. We are thoroughly excited!
I think Jiko for a wedding anniversary is a wonderful choice! Congrats! Enjoy!!

This is a great thread!! The only TS restaurant I've eaten at is CP. the last time I went to WDW I definitely didn't do my research :sad2: so I had no idea about all the great restaurants!! Looking forward to trying out a bunch this time! :yay:

1. a family with young kids possibly visiting Disney for the first time. - Breakfast at Cape May
2. A couple with no children - Lunch or dinner at Chef de France - Citricos
3. A person visiting Disney solo - Kona Island / Trader Sams - Boatwrights Wed thru Sat and one of Piano Bobs shows - Anywhere on the Boardwalk
4. A family with older kids or teens - San Angel Inn - Grand Floridian Cafe

Traveling solo, I would not do Biergarten or Teppan Edo. Often families or friends go there to eat, not to socialize with a complete stranger. If you get seated with that group, it's way awkward.

Traveling solo, I would not do Biergarten or Teppan Edo. Often families or friends go there to eat, not to socialize with a complete stranger. If you get seated with that group, it's way awkward.

You know, I've done both solo and its been fine. Of course, I always try to strike up a conversation with the person seated next to me but if they aren't talkative, that's OK as I'll simply enjoy my dinner & the atmosphere. Maybe I have a thick skin. While I completely understand your point and where you are coming from, if Biergarten and/or Teppan Edo are places you want to see and if you are on your own, I wouldn't be afraid to do it. If you want to go, just square your shoulders & go for it!

1. Crystal Palace or Cinderella's Royal table
And
4. Sci-fi, 50s prime or Rainforest

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter