Best restaurant to Pop the Question

wedway1973

Earning My Ears
I have decided to pop the question to my GF on December 1st. I'd like to go to a nice restaurant to do it. I was thinking maybe Artists Point. Does anyone else have suggestions?

Mikey

I would say Victoria and Alberts at the GF. Or you could go to Narcossee's also at the GF and book you reservation around the time of the fireworks and propose to her then. Anyway you do it will be special tough. Good Luck!!!

I would say Narcossee's as well, and do plan around the fireworks. I would arrange to have the Cinderella Slipper dessert made too. Maybe incorporate that into the proposal with the ring. Have the hostess seat you by the window to watch the fireworks as well at the MK.

Much of this would need to be arranged a head of time though through the resturant! Best of luck! and CONGRATS!!!!:love:

Oh, thought of something else! Why not Charter Grand 1?
You can have dinner on the boat, watch fireworks on Bay Lake and it will be so private and romantic!

The most romantic meal DH and I had on our honeymoon was our Private Dining Experience at the Grand Floridian. They set up our own table for 2 along the water at the GF in a place they call The Alcove. Everything was pre-ordered - meal/wine/dessert and we sat by ourselves at a candlelit table with a view of the Castle and Wishes. It was truly magical.

It was pricier than going to a restaurant (although, cheaper than V & A's), but so worth the experience! :)

These are all good suggestions. She loves seafood (she's part Cajun) so Narcoosee's may be a good idea.

Mikey

My brother's going to pop the question in Dec to his GF and they're doing dinner at CRT.

The most romantic meal DH and I had on our honeymoon was our Private Dining Experience at the Grand Floridian. They set up our own table for 2 along the water at the GF in a place they call The Alcove. Everything was pre-ordered - meal/wine/dessert and we sat by ourselves at a candlelit table with a view of the Castle and Wishes. It was truly magical.

It was pricier than going to a restaurant (although, cheaper than V & A's), but so worth the experience! :)

This sounds perfect! :upsidedow

AW! :love:

I have decided to pop the question to my GF on December 1st. I'd like to go to a nice restaurant to do it. I was thinking maybe Artists Point. Does anyone else have suggestions?

Mikey

If she loves seafood, then Narcoossee's would be my recommendation and somehow I would try and get to the restaurant w/o your GF 2 or 3 days ahead of time and let the management in on what is happening and what they can do to make it all that more "magical".

CONGRATS ahead of time :dance3:

Larry

I would say the COral reef as long as you can schedule a diver to have a banner that says something nice.

How about California Grill??

Out side with the Magic Kingdom lit up behind you.

Maybe with the fireworks going off?

My suggestion isn't in the restaurnt, but the view is amazing out there.

Let us know what you do.

Hi
My girlfriends daughter was proposed to in Cinderellas castle last Dec. Her diamond was slipped onto a red rose and was brought out in a glass slipper. and handed to her boyfriend. They had a table by the window so they could see the fireworks. My girlfriends daughter couldn't stop crying (she was happy). She said it was just so romantic. They fireworks were even held up for them until the proposal was done. They're getting married Oct. 8, 2008.

during Wishes..... She won't expect it there!! If you like the restaruant...mmm... I would say Coral Reef too.

:love: does husband have a brother :love: .... just kidding ..... but that really sound's perfect

I was lucky enough to have my DH propose to me at WDW. He called the Disney "Pixies" and here is the info! They help make it a great day we will both never forget! They will work with anything and it didn't cost a million dollars!
For more information or to begin planning your own special event, visit the Gifts of Lifetime website or call (407)445-2457.

Have fun!:banana:

You should pop the question somewhere that will mean something to the both of you. My DH put my ring in a box of to go Hooters wings. I love wings. And he put the "wing" (like a little kid says it!!) in the wings!! And as much of food snobs as we are, Hooters still holds a place in our hearts. Dumb but memorable. We try to hit Hooters in different cities (we travel alot)! So think along those lines too!!

Although had we been to V&A before we were married, I would think that would be the BEST!!! That's my suggestion!!

:love: does husband have a brother :love: .... just kidding ..... but that really sound's perfect

Haha, :rotfl: yes, but both are spoken for - I'm sorry!

But, yes, it truly was magical. I don't know how we're ever going to top that for an anniversary celebration.

I think another poster mentioned the Pixies who will help plan an event. I've heard of only good experiences with them.

waaaaah! I want to get proposed to at WDW!!! LOL

Good luck with whatever you choose! You can't go wrong at Disney World!

We used the "pixies" for another event (not a proposal) and I couldn't say enough great things about that experience. It will be talked about in my family for the rest of everyone's lives. The greatest thing about it was how customized it could be.

I agree with those that said Victoria and Albert's. It is a lovely restaurant and the food is unbelievable. I think it is the only 5 star restaurant in Orlando. My DH and I ate there about 5 years ago and thought it was one of the best restaurants we'd ever eaten in. On the same tier as Charlie Trotter's in Chicago if you're familiar with that. The food is very "fancy" but it tastes like a delight!

I know some of you said that you used the Pixies. What did you use them for other than for an engagement. We will be going back in the future with 10 family members and maybe you could suggest something? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter