Best restaurant for special dinner

Mic2129

Earning My Ears
Need a lil help with picking out a special dinner on the next trips... We are planning on eating at Ohana mama melrose fantasmic dinner package and raglan road. We want one more special dinner since it will be our honeymoon... Only thing out is VA. Thanks for the help

BlueZoo at the Dolphin is incredible! Seriously, the best meal of our trip by far. Classy atmosphere and special, inspired food. You won't be disappointed. :)

Jiko is also very good, but beware the spicy pork tenderloin. The table next to our sent their order back as we were waiting for our food. Then DH got his and couldn't make it work...way too spicy. The server was very quick to replace it, but it still threw the pacing off a bit, as I was done eating before his replacement dinner was delivered.

I used to recommend Flying Fish, but after two lackluster meals this trip, I think we will be giving it a break. Food wasn't as good as usual. Dirty glasses and silver.

Oddly, both dinners I ordered the same thing, the steak and fish combo to split with my DS [he likes steak, I like the snapper]. The 1st meal the kitchen nicely plated each on its own plate, but the 2d time the server let me know he'd bring a plate to the table for me to deconstruct. The interesting part is that the total for the meal was more splitting the dinner than it would have been to order just the snapper and have DS get the kids grilled cheese. It just hit me wrong to have to deal with dinners that are sitting in sauce at the table when you are paying the best part of $50 a plate. To add insult to injury, I use the TIW, so my oh-so-helpful server got 18% as a reward for the non-service. Sadly, I can't recommend it.

Narcoossees - LOVE it!!!
Olivia's - MUST DO every trip!
Any character meal, just so I can get my character fix without having to wait in looong lines.
29 trips to Disney World and counting...next stop POFQ March 2014:cool1:

Only thing that worries me bout Jiko was that on our last trip the other couple we were with ate there and the husband ended up with food poisoning after eating there... And I'm sure just like anywhere it can happen but very uncommon at a place like that. We currently were thinking Cali grill

I love the California Grill. The atmosphere is romantic, the food is wonderful and nothing is better than ending your meal by walking outside to the deck and watching the fireworks from MK.

Tutto Italia has the unique mix of comfy yet dignified atmosphere. As well as great food and some of the best desserts in WDW. Plus the selection of Italian wines.

If you are staying at POR, Boatwright's has a great menu, nice set up and you can go to River Roost lounge before or after dinner. Especially if Yee Haw Bob is playing.

For a dinner and a show, it's tough to beat HDDR. The bbq and cheesy comedy is great to relax to

For a special honeymoon dinner I'd recommend Citricos or Narcoossee's at the GF. And definitely note on your reservation that you're celebrating! We got a comped round of champagne one time.

We celebrated our 15th anniversary a few weeks ago at Jiko and it was a highlight of our trip for sure! Dinner was amazing, well-paced, romantic, and festive. We requested the wine room upon arrival and it was nice and quiet. They surprised us with a special chocolate dessert with anniversary sign, candle, and Mickey sprinkles. It was a huge surprise because I had previously read how that particular restaurant does not normally do that kind of thing. Just topped off an already fantastic night! Highly recommend.

My fave "date night" restaurant is Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge. I've never had a bad meal there

Well, of course, if money is no object... Victoria and Alberts. However if you are looking for something a little less expensive, but still really nice, I would suggest Artist Point or Narcoosee's. When you get to the hostess desk, ask to be seated near a window for the view. I also really have enjoyed Citricos.

My three favorite restaurants on property are

Flying Fish Cafe
Jiko
California Grill

All have great atmosphere great food and great service :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter