• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best restaurant experience?

Loritlc3

Mouseketeer
We are looking for some new experiences. Last time we were in Disney we tried CRT, Scifi diner, Chef Mickeys, Coral Reef, 1900 Park Fair and Tusker House Breakfast with Donald

This year we have reservations for 50 prime time, crystal palace, Garden Grill and Akershus.

I need 2 more. We will be on the dining plan. If any of your suggestions are 2 credits and worth it that could work too.

Thank you for your opinions

If you have not yet done Cali Grill I would say to include that and if you don't want to do it for a regular meal, go sit at the bar and order one of their flatbreads and have a cocktail too!

Our new favorite for a special meal is Citrico's.

We also love love love 'Ohana.

Flying Fish has been great with just the grown-ups and with the kids. It will use up those two credits you have in one fell swoop, but it was an especially good meal last time with our two DDs. Our server (Bob) was wonderful with them and sent them on their way with a gift of some Swedish Fish, because of which he is forever their favorite.

Another good pick is Sanaa. It is open for lunch and dinner, has excellent food, and especially good kids' menu if you are there with kids, and you have the chance to see the animals on the savannah outside the restaurant windows. I would suggest you go while you still have some daylight to see the animals.

1 credit Table service: Lunch at Le Cellier, Boma, Ohana, ESPN Club for the cheese burgers and Macho Nachos, Paradiso 37 at DTD
2 credit Signature: Narcoossee's, Flying Fish Cafe

Best Counter service on the property: Wolfgang Puck Express (Marketplace) you MUST try the bacon wrapped meatloaf, pizzas, spaghetti with meatballs, greek salad or the chicken chinois, AND COME EARLY to ensure getting a creme brulee--the best I've ever had (and I've had A LOT)

My two picks would be 'Ohana and Biergarten. 'Ohana is delicious! It's our favorite dinner meal. The food is wonderful, and they have a fun atmosphere. Biergarten also has a fun atmosphere. It is at the Germany pavilion at Epcot. Good, tasty buffet!My family loves both.

Without know who is in your party, likes and dislikes, etc. etc. etc. it could be hard to suggest the right restaurant(s) for you.

With that being said, I personally think that spending 2 TS credits on a Signature, while on the basic DDP, is an awful use of credits. If you work out the $ value of a TS credit and factor in all the extras, it works out better (at least for us) to pay for them OOP. The only experience I can justify using 2 TS credits (again, while on the basic DDP) is Hoop-Dee-Doo Review. The food is decent (chicken, ribs and sides, salad and dessert and unlimited Bud Light, wine and sangria for adults) and the show is a lot of fun. Tax and tip is included when using TS credits.

1 TS restaurants that are good experiences that you haven't been to or booked would be Biergarten (a pretty good German buffet, entertaining band, but you will sit with other people), Boma is good (plus you could check out AKL), San Angel Inn has a pretty interesting atmosphere or Raglan Road (there is Irish music and dancer(s)).

What meal did you do at 1900 PF last time? I always suggest dinner there. Another vote for 'Ohana, too!! We love dinner and breakfast there!

I agree with 'Ohana too! For 2 credits I'd definitely suggest Hoop-dee-doo we absolutely loved it. The strawberry shortcake is great and the show was so funny :rotfl:

Sounds yummy!

We love Whispering Canyon Cafe, Yak & Yeti & Teppan Edo. We are trying 'Ohana (dinner) & Biergarten (lunch) for the first time this trip. (can't wait) We did 50's PT last April and put it on the list again this trip. My 6 year old insisted! The first time we did Coral Reef, we weren't really blown away, but its been a couple of years, so we're going to give it another go.

I'm not a believer in using 2 TS unless it's a show. The math is "fuzzy" there if you ask me! That being said, we've done both Hoop Dee Doo & Spirit of Aloha twice. The first time around, Hoop Dee Doo was awesome - engaging, great food, the whole nine! The last time (4/2011) we said "ok, that's enough". Reason being, we felt that the food wasn't as good, but it was still as engaging as the first time. Spirit of Aloha has yet to disappoint us. The food is good, the show is great.

I'm torn with dining decisions this time as well. Have never done Cape May or Beaches and Cream and I'd like to try to squeeze them in. Good luck with your choices.

1 Credit: Boma, Tusker House, Le Cellier Lunch, Liberty Tree Tavern, Tutto Italia, and Chefs de France

2 Credits: California Grill, Jiko, and Yachtsman Steakhouse

Ohanas Character Breakfast is a must! One of my favorite Disney memories during our first trip to Disney!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter