Best Restaurant (excluding Palo)

kath1210

DIS Veteran
I told my kids that this was the place to find answers to any questions you might have about a Disney Cruise. They (DD11 and DS13) want to know what is the best restaurant for familes on the cruise?

Thanks! :grouphug:

:hyper2: Well I loved them all but we loved the pirate night food the best and that was one our nights in Parrot Cay. The most entertaining restartant was Animator by far, but they make each one special each night. :mickeybar

Have not been to pirate night yet. Looking forward to it in the fall. Everyone is right on this one, Animators Palate is the best!! Also make sure you catch the Character breakfast if you are going on the 7 day.

I think all the restaurants are the same since the serve the same for everyone around the ship.

However Animator's Palate does have a cool show that the younger kids or disney people will like.

My favorite is Parrot Cay, Animator's Pallate is good, but on the night when there is no show, it is boring, black and white. The food is great everywhere, for adults and children alike....

Well, we didn't get to eat in Animator's Palate, so I would have to choose Parrot Cay as the best! :cheer2:

I loved Parrot Cay. Animators was neat the first time, but I just loved PC.

The three restaurants essentially share the same Galley's and staff. So quality is pretty much the same in all three.

The differences would be:
1) Menu on the rotational dining nights - some people may prefer the selections offerenc in one restaurant over another, but it would essentially be personal taste. On the ship wide nights (Pirate night etc.) the menu is the same in all three.

2) Ambiance - The decor and atmosphere is the big difference between the three. Most of the responses so far have based their choice on this.

You will find many answers as it is purely people's preferences that will determine their favorite.....all the restaurants are great!!! IMO!!!!

xlRacerXlx said:
I think all the restaurants are the same since the serve the same for everyone around the ship.

I've been wondering about that. How does the dinner process work: is it the same food for all the restaurants on each particular evening, or are there different menus? Also, I presume there are changes in the menu from night to night?

Hmmm.. You did say family meal.

I'm going to make a suggestion that oddly I did not try but in hindsight wish I had. This tip might most apply to seven day cruises where you have the chance to hit Palos, and the three main restaurants at least once.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong about this but I understand Topsider's offers table service for the evening meal. I like the outdoor setting on the top deck. The potential for a beautiful sunset. A more relaxed evening. Plus a bonus that you can adjust your eating time and dress down a bit.

Hope my understanding was correct. Although, even if it was the standard buffet the other points would still apply.

Hey this should be a Weird, Wacky and Good to Know entry…

rejobako,
This is how it works on the seven night cruise. The first three nights each resturant serves it's menu, each one is different, so if you ate in AP the first night Lumiere's & PC would be different the next two nights. After those three, you start the rotation over again & they serve special menus (Pirates night, Small World, etc.) All those are served in each resturant at the same time. So if it's Pirates night & you're eating in AP all the other resturants are serving the same thing. Hope that cleared it up for you.

for a family meal, Animators Palate......

food-wise for adults, Lumieres by far....

My family always had a preference for Animators because with the changing lights and pictures, there is always something happening during the meal. Parrot Cay is also great but even better if you happen to dine there during Pirate night.

I would have to vote for Lumiere's! I love the theme of the restaurant and the classic feel it has.

It's my favorite by far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter