Best resorts for a "lobby nap" for tired adults?

TikiWiki33

Earning My Ears
Hi all!
DH and I are planning to take a break on our Epcot day and do a late lunch at a close-by resort. We've never been on the skyliner or the friendship boats, so we're looking at a resort accessible by either of those. Although he will never admit it, DH will 100% fall asleep after lunch given the right conditions. Is there a good resort with some out-of-the-way nooks/comfy chairs suitable for a quick nap? Bonus if they have some good, inexpensive lunch options (under $20 pp).
Thanks!

P.S. - It doesn't have to be in a lobby, per se.

Yacht club just redid their lobby (new furniture) and it is usually quiet and not too bright in there. Also Ale & Compass just reopened for lunch and is a nice quiet more grown-up place with reasonable prices for a sit-down meal.

Skyliner to Riviera. Have lunch at the QS Primo Piatto, slip over to Voyaguer’s Lounge which is right next to/behind Le Petit Cafe (which is in the lobby). It’s just a place to chill, no food or beverages are served there so pretty quiet if a crazy group isn’t there.

Skyliner to Riviera. Have lunch at the QS Primo Piatto, slip over to Voyaguer’s Lounge which is right next to/behind Le Petit Cafe (which is in the lobby). It’s just a place to chill, no food or beverages are served there so pretty quiet if a crazy group isn’t there.
Or use one of the beach hammocks or lounge chairs at CBR. I can confirm that they're suitable for napping :D

I've been to the Beach Club, Yacht Club and Riviera lobbies. I feel like the Riviera lobby can be a little more "clangy" sounding because it's smaller and therefore easier to hear all the activity going on. However Yacht Club and Beach Club have huge lobbies and big single chairs to fall asleep on and even some nooks w/in the lobby that wouldn't attract a big group of people. Of the two, this summer, Beach Club lobby was more quiet and I had someone in my party that I do believe fell asleep on one of those chairs if I remember correctly. Yacht and Beach are interlinked so you can eat lunch at either of them and "lobby" at either of them. Friendship Boat takes you there.

Actual Boardwalk has chairs outside too if he's a fall-asleep-outside person and there's QS lunches there.

The Solarium at the BC is great. The BC also has some nice seating areas on each of its floors near the elevators. The Beach Club Villa building has both the Drawing Room and the library for a quiet place to rest. :)

My husband and I once fell asleep on the rocking chairs in Frontierland while awaiting the parade in the rain. No comfy out of the way chairs needed.😄
DH once fell asleep on a rock in the DInoland playground. :rotfl2:He can sleep ANYWHERE. I had to keep elbowing him when he started snoring. Not like anyone else could hear it over the deafening noise from kids. :rainbow:

But to the OP, I've seen ppl sleeping in almost all deluxe lounge areas, but I'd give the tip-o-the hat to the options at the BC. That's the place I see it most and have good options. Some quiet, some not. Your mileage may vary. ;)

Another vote for the solarium at the Beach Club. Also, around the corner from the entrance to Cape May at Beach Club there is some seating and there's almost never anyone back there during the middle of the day when Cape May is closed between lunch and dinner. You could do lunch at Beaches and Cream or Ale & Compass.

WL has little out of the way nooks everywhere. Facing the lobby on the 4th and 5th floors are "private fireplaces" with a few chairs and a sofa ("private" because the seating is very very limtied). We spent the last day of our trip in the WL lobby on the 4th floor dozing in front of our own fireplace. It was LOVELY.

Last edited:
The solarium is the best! I don’t think too many people even realize it’s there!
There are also sitting areas on each floor of the Beach & Yacht clubs Above the lobby. Yacht’s are easier to get to & from the lobby you can even see the one on the second floor.

I'll nap anywhere, but Wilderness Lodge comes to mind first. That lobby is the stuff of cozy cabin dreams.

Nowhere near Epcot, but--Oh, yeah! Rockers near the fireplace.

I know, seems peculiar when you're in freakin' Florida, but a hot cuppa something and then nodding off in front of the fire on a chilly fall night--bliss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter