Best resort/setup for three adults?

stitchnj

Earning My Ears
I will be traveling with two friends to WDW for marathon weekend. They are both running their first 5ks on Thursday, I am running the half on Saturday. We have no issues all being in the same room but we all would like our own beds, given we will all be running at some point. Any suggestions on the best place to stay would be much appreciated. We have thought about:
1. A deluxe room and rotating who sleeps on the sofa bed
2. Art of animation family suite (but maybe too kiddie for us)
3. Renting dvc but I guess we'd need a 2br since the sleeper chair looks pretty tiny
4. Adjoining rooms at a moderate like Coronado, or possibly the junior suite there (but we'd prefer to be on the monorail or Boardwalk)

Any suggestions or "been there, done that" advice? Thanks in advance!

If everyone wants their own real bed, I would try for two connecting/adjacent rooms. How about the Swan/Dolphin? With discounts you can often get pretty good prices and you would be in the prime Epcot/DHS area.

If you really want to stay in one room, the deluxe rooms at WL might be an option? I haven't stayed in one of these, but I understand that they are larger and have extra sleeping surfaces.Someone may have to sleep on a pull out sofa, however. perhaps someone else can speak to the sleeping arrangements in the WL deluxe rooms for you. I am a bit vague.

Perhaps a better option, the Contemporary has lots of space with a large daybed and 2 queen beds in its standard rooms, including the rooms in the garden wing. The GW rooms are the lowest priced on the monorail, yet have the identical rooms that are in the tower. Upper floor rooms have sliding doors without balconies, but the ground floor rooms have a patio. This option gives you guaranteed 3 sleeping surfaces that are quite comfortable.

Pricier, but also great would be a standard room at the GF. Again large rooms and three surfaces (1 daybed, 2 queen beds). Good luck choosing!

When I go to Disney World, I spend the most time at Epcot. I would suggest either Yacht and Beach Club or The Boardwalk. There is a walkway from both hotels that leads you to the International Gateway in Epcot; you will have all of the countries at your fingerprints! I can't tell you how easy it was for me to leave my hotel room and take a stroll to France or The Uk for some food, then head back and go wherever else I wanted. The Boardwalk is also home to some night life, such as Jelly Rolls, a dueling piano bar. You can also walk to HS or take the boat! The Yacht and Beach Club is my favorite resort on property.

I would get two rooms at a value or moderate resort. That way you'll get 4 beds and 2 bathrooms. Plus privacy for the person not running, I know those early morning wake ups well!

Putting the room size and layout aside I would recommend YC/BC/BWI for the convenience to and from the races. :)

I don't know what resorts are easier for race, but all the monorail resorts have day beds in the room, so you'd get 2 queens & day bed. Some of the rooms at YC, BC, & BWI have daybeds. You'd have to add room request. I don't know about the alternating bed switch idea, unless you all don't mind sleeping in same sheets as someone else. They don't change bed linen every day.

My sister and I ran the Disney marathon and our other sister came along to cheer us on. We had a room at the Poly. We (the two runners) made her (the non runner) sleep on the daybed the night before our race and then I slept on it the night after. It worked out well. :)

Thanks everyone! I think we'll price out the Contemporary and Poly. Wood Nymph, could you walk the next day after running and then sleeping on the daybed?!?

I would get two rooms at a value or moderate resort. That way you'll get 4 beds and 2 bathrooms. Plus privacy for the person not running, I know those early morning wake ups well!
would go with this option. Now love the monorail resorts own at BLT. but everyone really needs their own bed and space.

now if you can afford a 2-bedroom at a DVC then go with it - those whirlpool tubs in the master bathroom - and those showers are great after a work out

Thanks everyone! I think we'll price out the Contemporary and Poly. Wood Nymph, could you walk the next day after running and then sleeping on the daybed?!?
The daybed at the Poly was very comfy. Any muscle aches were due to the extreme exertion of the race rather than the bed. ;)

DITTO!

I'm a runner who travels with a non-runner.

Two rooms at a value would double your space and bathrooms AND save money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter