Best resort/rooms for a romantic getaway stay

Would you consider the Four Seasons? You can still book FP at 60 days out.

The Poly hands down. As a couple without kids we adore it and found it very romantic, especially at night with the torches and the live music on the Trader Sam’s patio. The tropical theme just lends itself so well to it, and GF is a short walk next door for the spa and signature restaurants.

If you prefer to have access to the the Boardwalk area (which is also gorgeous at night) I would go with YC over BWI. YMMV but YC is more upscale to me. That creepy clown pool also doesn’t exactly scream romance to me, lol. BWI does have those little cottage rooms though.

For a Mod I would look at Gran Destino Tower. POFQ is nice mainly for the access to Disney Springs but that boat is down every day during Florida TStorm season so keep that in mind. Coronado in general is gorgeous since the overhaul.

For Mod, I would suggest POR. Taking a stroll at night by the river with the resort lights and hearing the horse drawn carriage's walking around and taking a carriage ride with some champagne. Plus, the relaxing boat ride to DS is always nice, plus it feels quieter then a lot of the deluxe resorts.
For Deluxe, I would go with WL. It has that great lobby and a rustic feel to it and the grounds are very nice at night to walk around. Plus, you have a boat to MK.

Cottage at BWI
No contest at all
They are set up as a honeymoon cottage. Very romantic

Stay at Disney and you find a lot of kids. JMO romantic suggests fewer kids. SAB at BC YC attracts families. Cottage rooms at BWI, even regular room, not as much. POLY attracts families. Ohana attracts families. BWI is a short walk to EPCOT, many restaurant options

Mod: For me POR in the Alligator Bayou or any part of POFQ is very romantic. I love that you can take the boat to Disney Springs ( that's a nice romantic ride all in itself ). POR has the bonus of TS at Boatrights.

DLX: We fell in love with Animal Kingdom Lodge ( Jambo House ) - we loved that it was off the beaten path. It has great dining options ( we loved Boma so much we did both breakfast and dinner here ) . The pool is beautiful and there are several viewing areas to see the animals.

BWI, Poly or GF.

We love all three, but I think the most romantic theme is the Poly.

We have been recently staying at the BW. We love the location, so easy to get to and from EPCOT. Our favorite park!

Stay at Disney and you find a lot of kids. JMO romantic suggests fewer kids. SAB at BC YC attracts families. Cottage rooms at BWI, even regular room, not as much. POLY attracts families. Ohana attracts families. BWI is a short walk to EPCOT, many restaurant options
We don't care about children around, we don't have kids but love them.... Love seeing families out and about.... Was thinking more like the resort/room setting and possibly dining options or other entertainment and things to do.

Speaking of a "Cottage Room" at BW, how can you book it? For years I never knew it existed and I've stayed at BWI and BWV many times. What in the world is it listed on and in what category? I know you can't have more than 2 people in that large area but where is even a rate chart on it?

We don't care about children around, we don't have kids but love them.... Love seeing families out and about.... Was thinking more like the resort/room setting and possibly dining options or other entertainment and things to do.
We stay often at Poly (I own DVC Poly) and we love the restaurants, love the ambience and calming atmosphere, love to take out the Sea Racers or Pontoon boats and sneak peek at the Wilderness Lodge cabins :) and love the electric water pageant each night. Watched it for years and years. We walk back and forth to the Grand Floridian along the water to eat there, see their shops and displays. We also take the boat to the Magic Kingdom and hop on the other boat to the Contemporary and Wilderness Lodge (and Ft Wilderness). Just love the boat accesses from Poly. In the DVC part, the LARGE studios have 2 separate showers! (why they didn't put in a second toilet is the question for the ages).

Speaking of a "Cottage Room" at BW, how can you book it? For years I never knew it existed and I've stayed at BWI and BWV many times. What in the world is it listed on and in what category? I know you can't have more than 2 people in that large area but where is even a rate chart on it?

The best romantic getaway rooms at WDW are the cottages listed as “Outer Bldg - Garden Room - Club Level Access” at the Boardwalk page of Disney’s website. $896 value dates to $1445 on Dec 25th.

Walking around the Boardwalk and Epcot Resort Area gives you access to the best restaurants and bars for couples without kids, plus a romantic walk to Epcot.

Huge bonus: you get a second half bathroom in the room, too.

(While it’s definitely a romantic atmosphere, the Polynesian can be a Minnie Van excursion to Trader Sams, the Luau, and a walk along the water by tiki torch light... then return back to the Boardwalk to sleep.)

POFQ is the most romantic moderate. Boat ride to Disney Springs and horse drawn carriage rides.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter