Best resort restaurants?

Marcela

Mouseketeer
My family is going to WDW the end of September for the FREE DDP :woohoo:. I have all of my ADRs lined up, but the more I read, the more I question my choices. We were there Sept. 08 and indulged in the DxDDP, which was entirely too much food, and too much maintenance, but we did eat at Captain Jacks, which, at the time, offered the twin lobster tails. Since then, this yummy deliciousness was removed from the menu.:sad2: My DS16 really wants to go back, and we do have an ADR for 10/1 for dinner, but I'd like to try a different place. I need a 1 TS dinner, but not in one of the parks because we are not quite sure where we'll be that day, and don't have a hopper. I know that this is the place to seek your knowledge and experience on this subject.:worship: I've looked at the different resort and downtown restaurants, but all that I achieved was a headache. Please help!:idea:

Well if you are looking for seafood, you could do Cape May buffet at the Beach club. Ohana and Boma are my favorite resort restaurants, can't go wrong with either choice. I would just would pick whatever restaurant is closer to where you be that day.

I've heard great things about Flying Fish. We stayed at Beach Club last week, and the Clambake at Cape May was good. All the crab legs you can eat...no lobster, though. But if you're seafood junkies, there's lots to choose from -- clams, mussels, mahi-mahi, shrimp, seafood potpie, clam chowder, etc. But remember, it's a typical buffet in a hotel setting...so if it's ambiance you're looking for, it may not be the place for you.

If you don't HAVE to have seafood, I've heard great things about Kona at the Poly. Sadly, we got caught in a torrential downpour and missed our ressies there earlier this week :-(. And we enjoyed LeCellier for steak and salmon (and soup!)

Here are my favorites:

Breakfast-Cape May Cafe

Dinner-The Wave and Ohana

Special Dinner: Jiko--my absolute favorite!

If your looking for a 1TS meal then I would say that Cape May might be just what your looking for. Good food with lots of choices.

OK, Cape May it is! Got an ADR for 10/2 for dinner! Crab legs here we come! Thanks for the input!:thumbsup2

I discovered two of the best kept secrets this past year, staying at SSR.

The Turf Club at SSR and Olivia's across the way at OKW are fabulous. Wonderful sitting out on the deck, watching the water taxi go back and forth to DTD.

I am almost dreaming about the food; nothing fancy, just plain good!

I did check out Jiko's menu, and would love to try it, but have two super picky kids, so I have to consider them when I make ADRs. Boma sounded really good too! I switched out Cape May for Captain Jacks. We loved CJ the last time we were there, but that was during the twin lobster tails time. My head is spinning from all of the wonderful choices!!!:confused:

Some of the best dining is at the resorts.

We love Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL. Very cool place with very good food.
Ohana at the Poly. It is good food, but the service (we have found) is very slow and it is also so loud in there. But good food.

We did NOT like Boma, the food was ok, but word of warning, the dishes are spiced with sweet spices not "hot" spicey. This was such a shocker to us. We went in not knowing this and was expecting "hot" spicey foods, which we love....however I do not like cinnamon on my meat nor my veggies. Tasted like we were eating a dessert for our entrees. lol

BOMA!!!! Our new favorite resort restaurant is definately Boma! The food is fantastic, and they have pleanty of choices for everyone.

My son liked Jiko better than Boma, he had the grilled chicken and loved his dessert.
We love Jiko, Narcoossee's, Citricos and Grand Floridain Cafe resort meals. We are trying California Grill, Yatchman's Steakhouse and The Wave (so I can't recomend yet for those restaurants but read good reviews)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter