Best resort Restaurant advice

bamadisney

Mouseketeer
So we are going to Disney last week in June. Me, DH, two DDs (11 and 15). We are there for nine days and I have a couple of free days planned in the mix. So I thought about going to visit a restaurant at another resort. We are staying at POFQ. SO which one would you suggest for our family or which is your favorite? We are not picky eathers (except maybe DD age 11). We like to try new things. We have been to Disney seven times. We have done the Luau and the Mickeys BBQ and all that kind of stuff so we thought we would try a restaurant at another resort. Thanks for any advice and suggestions. :)

Breakfast, dinner or counter service/

Breakfast - try Ohana's or Boma both excellent.

Dinner - Boma again (our favourite resort restaurant), WCC for the fun for kids and the huge skillet

CS - Gasparillas at GF - sit outside and enjoy the view of the castle, makes a great mid-day break or Contempo Cafe at Contemporary - great for a burger or salad and the monorail going through appeals to my kids.

There's so many to choose from! What kinds of food do you like? Are you looking for more foodie kind of dining or casual?

Sorry...I always leave out important information. Probably looking for a dinner sit down restaurant. We really like all kinds of food. We have done Ohana before for dinner and liked it but wanted to try something different. I have heard alot of people like Boma so I was thinking of that but just thought I would get some opinions. Thanks so much.

We absolutely LOVE Boma. It is a must-do, or shall I say must-eat:goodvibes, every trip.

Gosh so many great choices. Whispering Canyon at WL, GF Cafe at GF or 1900 Park Fair, Kona at Poly & Chef Mickeys at Contempary. Cat Cora new place at the boardwalk.

Kae

Kona Cafe at the Poly is great and a fun resort to see.

Boma is a good buffet - not quite as good as the hype but then again nothing short of Victoria and Albert's could be.

If you are not on the dining plan, check out The Fountain at the Dolphin Resort. Great ice cream shop with burgers, sandwiches, salads, etc.

Try Boatwright's dining hall, right next door at POR. We just got back from WDW, and were pleasantly surprised with our excellent meal there. Try the Corn and Crab Soup, UMMMMMMMMMM. And the corn bread/muffins were wonderful!

Hubby had the Prime Rib, which is not MY personal favorite, but it came out great and he enjoyed every bite. He is gluten intolerant, and the chef came out to discuss the problem with what he could eat. And as a bonus, brought him a gluten free roll!

As an extra added bonus, don't miss Piano Bob in the bar, Wednesdays thru Saturdays at 8:30. Get there early for a seat and an excellent, family friendly show/sing-along that everyone will love.

Our two favourite resort TS restaurants (next to 'Ohana) are Boma and Kona Cafe. We also like Cape May Cafe although my wife is not a buffet fan (Boma is the one exception).

Thanks so much for the suggestions. We are leaning toward Boma or Kona Cafe....hubby is unsure about the buffet though.... Thanks again.

Thanks so much for the suggestions. We are leaning toward Boma or Kona Cafe....hubby is unsure about the buffet though.... Thanks again.

good thing about Kona, or any of the monorail resorts, is that you have an opportunity to visit another resort and get the feel of it without a lot transportation hassle.

Try Boatwright's dining hall, right next door at POR. We just got back from WDW, and were pleasantly surprised with our excellent meal there. Try the Corn and Crab Soup, UMMMMMMMMMM. And the corn bread/muffins were wonderful!

Hubby had the Prime Rib, which is not MY personal favorite, but it came out great and he enjoyed every bite. He is gluten intolerant, and the chef came out to discuss the problem with what he could eat. And as a bonus, brought him a gluten free roll!

As an extra added bonus, don't miss Piano Bob in the bar, Wednesdays thru Saturdays at 8:30. Get there early for a seat and an excellent, family friendly show/sing-along that everyone will love.

I would have to agree that for a quiet sit down meal Boatwrights is probably the most underrated in Disney World. I stayed at POR in '07 and both me and my parents ate there and enjoyed it. The prime rib is excelent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter