best resort lunch

sambisc

Mouseketeer
Which resort has the best "nice" lunch (not counter service) for 2 adults? We're looking for a good place to go on a down day.

My choice would be Grand Floridian Cafe. Hamburger with a lobster tail on top? I'm there!

I like Sanaa. The menu is different; it's quiet and a visit to both AK resorts is very relaxing.

Also, watching animals from your table is unique.

I would recommend Sanaa or the Wave.
Went to the Wave a couple weeks ago for lunch - the food was delicious and the atmosphere was quiet and relaxing. A perfect break from the parks for adults.

We did the Whispering Canyon for lunch once. It was nice, but a little lively and comfort food...not really a romantic/quiet upscale lunch if that's what you are looking for. BIL and Nephew did the Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch when the rest of us were at WC and they said it was excellent. We've also done T-Rex for lunch, but again not a romantic/quiet upscale lunch. Typically, we do parks for lunch. Kona might be one I'd try for lunch...I really want to eat there but if we are going to travel over to the POLY for a meal, it will be for dinner at Ohana.

Another vote for Sanaa. One of our favourite 1TS places to eat lunch OR dinner. As Pakey noted, the menu is unusual for Disney. The restaurant is lovely and quiet and the service is very good. And you can't beat watching the animals on the savannah as you relax over your meal.

Another vote for GFC plus we had a very good lunch at Capt. Grill in the YC.
If you wanted to combine lunch with shopping Fulton's or RR at DTD are another option.

If you're just looking for somewhere not in a park, I would highly recommend Raglan Road at DTD.

Resort dining we like not neccasarily relaxing but fun is Beaches and Cream yummy food and great sundaes!!!
ESPN has awesome sesame wings, clam chowder!

Otherwise I would choose Kona or GFC!!

We would pick Olivia's at Old Key West. Relaxing place that's seldom crowded. Good basic food.

Olivia's or Saana are great for off the beaten path lunch--but, shhh, don't let this secret out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter