Best Resort Hotel for Teens?

mabenoab

Mouseketeer
I saw a poster asking about the best hotel for little ones, and that made me wonder: which hotel would be best for the teens? We're travelling with teenagers, and while I think they'd be happy anywhere in Disney (gosh, who wouldn't be?!), I have to wonder: where are all the teens?

Any thoughts on this?

Happy Disney-ing!!

Beth:hippie:

It depends on how many teens and your budget. I'd go with YC/BC or BW, because there is a lot to do right where you are. I belong to DVC and we're bringing our 15 year old DD and four of her 15 year old friends, as well as our 9 year old DD. We originally had to book at OKW and while it is so nice and peaceful there, I switched us to BW (on the waiting list for BC), because I think that I can let the older girls walk around the BW, by themselves, without worrying about them too much. They can hit the bakery, the candy store, get a pizza at spoodles, head over to beaches and cream for burgers and ice cream etc....If you go moderate....I like the POR Riverside. Good luck and have fun!!:yay:

Budget and theme you like may decide.....

My teens would pick:
Deluxe - YC/BC
Moderate - Coronado Springs (their favorite resort)
Value - POP

Id throw Contemporary into the Deluxe category as well. Although it may seem boring, they do have the biggest arcade of all deluxes on property, and there are tons of water related activites that the teens can do (some with supervision). As far as moderate, Caribbean beach is nice because it has alot of beach's and the theme appeals to alot of teens. The values are pick'em based on a persons preference i.e. music,sports,50's culture, you will find alot more kids at the value's than any other so it would be great for interaction.

I'm a teen, and believe me, I'm just happy to be anywhere on Disney property! (I probably get more excited than my little sisters)

But...we've stayed at POR, and I really like that. The Values are also fun because everything is so big and colorful. I haven't stayed at any Deluxes (yet!) so I can't say anything about that. But, I'm sure you'll have a great time anywhere you go! :mickeyjum

Our teens love the YC. SAB gets their vote for best pool/waterslide. They loved being able to walk around the Boardwalk at night and they really enjoyed being right next to their 2 favorite parks (Epcot and the Studios).

They also enjoyed our stay at POFQ. We didn't really notice a lot of other teens staying there (seemed to be younger families). Our older ones loved taking the boat to DTD on their own. The only downside to them was the pool. They claim it was "babyish". The 13 y/o swam there several times and seemed to enjoy it, but he didn't like the slide at all. He and I also walked to Riverside 2x and used their pool. He liked it a little better. The others didn't go, so I don't have their opinion.

My youngest (13) also loves AKL, the Poly, and the Contemporary. The Contemporary is probably his favorite overall. He likes the rooms, restaurants, shops, arcade, and pool. He claims their arcade is the best.

A lot of this depends on your budget and age of your teenagers. Do you have any more info you can give that might help? :)

:beach: My daughters love the CBR. There 20 and 13 and we've stayed there 11 times so far, going back for our 12th next week. They love the theme, the food court, the hammocks on the sandy beach. I always ask every year where they would like to stay and they always say the same thing...CBR:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for your thoughts on this. We've been to WDW probably 5 times with the kiddos who are now 17 & 12...we've always stayed at the Poly in the past, and my 12yo is really yearning for that! However, I want to make it special for them...17 yo ds is particularly interested in just kicking back and having a good time, but I know he'd like to mix with kids his own age while down there (I'm still waiting for the inevitable: "can we bring <insert friend's name here>?)

Hopperfan suggested Coronado Springs which is really interesting to me, the pictures I've seen are so gorgeous, but dh is concerned about buses (we've been spoiled on the monorail) and thinks that with the convention crowd, there may be fewer kids our kids' ages.

I could type for hours about this..but I'll spare you all ;)

Thanks so much for your thoughts, I just love picking other Disney fans' brains!!

Beth

My DS16 and DS13 love CBR -- hammocks and beaches, boat rentals and lots of pools, food court (that's better than a good restaurant for my teens) gift shops and game arcade. There are bike rentals, too, but my teens are too busy with all the other stuff!

Well...my son is 16 and we have stayed at POP, ASMo, ASMu and most recently WL. He has become a hotel snob because we are going back to the WL again this year because he begged so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter