Best resort for the $$?

EJ08

Earning My Ears
Moderate budget with some extras...thoughts on the best resort for the buck?

hey I love Pop for the money.

My favorite of the moderates is POR, but POFQ would work too. Close to Epcot and MK - boat to DD (free) - carriage ride (fee) - entertainment in their lounge

Welcome to the DIS, EJ08! :wave:

I love the POFQ for a moderate resort. It's more compact than the other moderate resorts, so it's easy to navigate. I really love the decor, and the pool is fun. I love having the option of taking a boat to DTD for a break from the buses you have to take everywhere else.

If that is too much, I agree with SpicyCat that Pop is a nice option. It's a fun resort to walk around, and I love the food court.

Karen

I think AKL and WL are a good value.

You get the features of the other deluxes - like indoor corridors, more restaurant options for A LOT less than the prices at Poly, YC, BC, etc.

I think CSR is actually the best value for your money. It is a moderatly priced resort but it has some 'deluxe' amenities including a spa! I would def recommend this resort for the price :earsgirl:

Everyone will be different. Pop, to me, is the best of the values. I like POFQ for a moderate, though CS is lovely as well. And WL and AKL are great values for deluxes. Not to mention the campsites at FW and the cabins there...

Denise

If you can stretch your budget to stay at WL it gets my vote for most for the money. With the boat to MK you're a step ahead of everything but the monorail resorts for less money than the monorail resorts. You get the water parade at night, you can see MK fireworks from the boat dock, you've got two great table service restaurants and Roaring Forks is about to be refurbished. The lobby is gorgeous, the mercantile is great.

I recommend CSR. Check out my website below for pics, links and info.

eim9ut.jpg

Photo by Ducky4Disney

ehybeg.jpg

ea5ytc.jpg

ea5z7l.jpg

eaqyk9.jpg

esu9u1.jpg

Photo by buzz2001

Not to sound silly here but what is a "moderate" budget to you? Depending on you view some or all of this advice is both good and bad. :earsboy:

We love POR for the main pool, quiet pools and general scenery :goodvibes The value resorts are the cheapest but they don't have the resort feel like the moderates and deluxes. I agree with posters about WL or AKL for the best value on a deluxe.

I was a deluxe snob but we absolutely loved POR!!! We stayed in the Mansions and thought the grounds were beautiful, the pool was nice and loved the boat to DTD at night. People may complain about sharing a bus with POFQ, but the deluxes all share buses too...

I have not yet stayed at a alue but will probably try out POP in thenext couple of years.

Good luck ans welcome to the DIS!

Depending on what you consider a 'moderate' budget, I think WL is the best value for the money. We had a AAA discount and got our standard room for $169+tax a night. For a truly deluxe resort that's a good price.

My favorite moderate is POR. Love the mansions, main pool and the fact that there are several quiet pools, and don't forget the entertainer in the piano bar - can't remember his name - great way to spend an evening!

Our favorite resort is POR. We've stayed at almost every resort on Disney property, and we keep going back to POR. POR is the closest thing to a Deluxe resort. The only difference between POR and a deluxe is that you will not find a valet. POFQ is equally charming.

Here are the reasons we love POR:

We choose POR over POFQ because there is more to do at POR. There is fishing, more pools, (each building shares a quiet pool with another bld, plus there is a theme pool. At POFQ there are no quiet pools, just the theme pool), we love the entertainment Wed to Sun night (the piano man's show is wonderfully funn), of course it's great to take the boat between FQ and Riverside and DTD.

We prefer rooms of the mansions over rooms at the alligator buyou. However, we prefer the quiet pools at alligator buyou over the ones at the mansions.

In my opinion, CSR is the best bang for the buck...especially if you get an AP discount or a code. It is simply breathtaking.

For a deluxe, AKL or WL. I haven't stayed at a monorail resort yet!

For a moderate resort it's a toss up between CSR and FQ.

Haven't stayed at all the deluxes yet so I can't comment on that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter