Best resort for 3 adults and 2 toddlers?

Freiden8

DIS Veteran
My DH and I are going with our 2 kids (ages 2 and 4 when we go).. and we're taking my mom. She'll be 55..

We were thinking about staying at the CR, MK view.. since it can sleep 5 and is on the monorail. However, do you think it would be too crowded in the room? Should we go for 2 connecting rooms at a moderate?

Where would you want to stay with 3 adults and 2 toddlers?

POFQ would be my choice of moderates with young children. The resort is compact and has a great pool for kids.

But... if it were me, I'd go for one room at CR. Your kids are small so the room shouldn't feel too crowded. And, as you said, it's on the monorail.

Most of our trips have been with 3 adults (Me, DH, My Mom) and one toddler (now child). We felt that we had plenty of room in the hotels, esp the GF (I think the rooms are similar in size to the CR and the Poly).

Being on the monorail is fantastic, especially with little ones that may need to go back to the hotel for a break or a nap. You can wheel your strollers (with kids in them) right on to the monorail, so sleeping kids dont get moved around too much.

I would just advise asking for a room with a daybed so you have more bedding options. They'll give you a crib in the room, but also you can have the daybed set up with a railing so no falls.

Also, you get a private balcony (with a great view & some extra space) at the CR, but no balcony in the moderates. You can have the kids in their jammies and watch the MK fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant in private right from your balcony -- something we found was really relaxing and special.

For us, the location and ease of getting to/from the parks was more important that getting 2 rooms. It just depends on what is more important to you. Good luck with your decision!

Stay at CR -- the rooms are large and comfortable (much bigger than GF rooms by the way). The convenience of the monorail iwith little ones is great.

I would go with 2 connecting at a moderate. We did this when I went with my sister her 2 kids and my mother. It was nice to have a room to put the kids to bed and the other for the adults to stay up. Also 2 bathrooms made it much easier.

I would go with the Contemporary. Close to MK, large rooms and you won't feel as crowded. We didn't care for POFQ, it didn't offer anything special.

I am in the same boat as you with three adults and two toddlers.

My first choice would be to rent a villa (you can do this by determining points needed and then replying to posts accordingly...look at the rent DVC board) We did this one year and it was great....they have two bedroom villas that have one room with two beds, one master bedroom with a king size and then a pull out sofa. They have a kitchenette, and washer and dryer too! Plus two full bathrooms. I would personally go for the Wilderness Lodge Villas b/c it is so close to MK. Which is were my kids like to go the most.

My second choice would be a suite at one of the resorts. I know All Star Music has suites and I think CS has them too.

My last choice would be connecting rooms. I don't think they can connect all three so someone would have a room next door but not connecting...no biggie.

We are doing the last option in our upcoming trip b/c we are taking advantage of free dining...and they didn't offer suites as part of this package.

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter