Best Resort for 10th Anniversary Celebration?!

Cwilson

Mouseketeer
We are in the very beginning stages of planning for our 10th anniversary trip in June 2018. I know that we can't book for a while, but I want to make sure we do it right! I'm unsure of how long we'll be staying, but we will have 6 in our party. What's the best resort to stay at that sleeps 6? We stayed at AoA last year and really liked it, but I was thinking (and hoping) of staying somewhere else (maybe a little closer to MK) for our trip. I know that Disney has adjoining/connecting rooms, but they aren't guaranteed. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

I would look into renting DVC points and staying at Bay Lake Tower. You can all be in one two-bedroom unit (you could even do a one-bedroom if one of the group is a baby), and you'd enjoy being able to walk to Magic Kingdom. You could have your special anniversary dinner at California Grill, and you could even do a monorail date night with a stop at Trader Sam's at the Poly for an Uh-Oa to celebrate your big day.

I second Bay Lake Tower... close to everything and have enough space for the family.

We are in the very beginning stages of planning for our 10th anniversary trip in June 2018. I know that we can't book for a while, but I want to make sure we do it right! I'm unsure of how long we'll be staying, but we will have 6 in our party. What's the best resort to stay at that sleeps 6? We stayed at AoA last year and really liked it, but I was thinking (and hoping) of staying somewhere else (maybe a little closer to MK) for our trip. I know that Disney has adjoining/connecting rooms, but they aren't guaranteed. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

You don't say what your budget is, but both WL and BWI have deluxe CL rooms that accommodate 6. They are a little pricey as they are CL, but they are sometimes included in discounts (which helps with the cost) and it would guarantee everyone to be in one room. The WL deluxe has 2 queens in the bedroom (separated by french doors from the living area), with a queen sleeper sofa in the living area. BWI deluxe has 2 queens with a queen sleeper sofa in an alcove/bump out area of the room. Another option for a party of 6 is Fort Wilderness Cabins. Good luck and happy planning :wizard:.

I would look into villas at BLT and VWL. Also the cabins at Ft. W. WL also has deluxe rooms which sleep 6. All of these options will get you closer to MK.

I would look into renting DVC points and staying at Bay Lake Tower. You can all be in one two-bedroom unit (you could even do a one-bedroom if one of the group is a baby), and you'd enjoy being able to walk to Magic Kingdom. You could have your special anniversary dinner at California Grill, and you could even do a monorail date night with a stop at Trader Sam's at the Poly for an Uh-Oa to celebrate your big day.
Great suggestion! How do you rent DVC points? We looked into becoming DVC members, but with one still in daycare, it's not feasible right now.

You don't say what your budget is, but both WL and BWI have deluxe CL rooms that accommodate 6. They are a little pricey as they are CL, but they are sometimes included in discounts (which helps with the cost) and it would guarantee everyone to be in one room. The WL deluxe has 2 queens in the bedroom (separated by french doors from the living area), with a queen sleeper sofa in the living area. BWI deluxe has 2 queens with a queen sleeper sofa in an alcove/bump out area of the room. Another option for a party of 6 is Fort Wilderness Cabins. Good luck and happy planning :wizard:.
Great suggestions! Thank you! I didn't include the budget, because I'm not entirely sure what it is yet.. hehe. We got a Disney Visa this year, and have been paying our bills/paying it off to earn points. I'm unsure of how many points we will have accumulated by the time we book, and that will undoubtedly play a role in the budget. :)

Great suggestions! Thank you! I didn't include the budget, because I'm not entirely sure what it is yet.. hehe. We got a Disney Visa this year, and have been paying our bills/paying it off to earn points. I'm unsure of how many points we will have accumulated by the time we book, and that will undoubtedly play a role in the budget. :)

You're welcome! Enjoy the planning :goodvibes.

Okay, so I am going to ask a (maybe) dumb question. I am on the WDW site looking at the different rooms that y'all have suggested, but can't find pricing for all of them. Any ideas on what the rooms at BLT and the other suggestions run?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter