• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best resort close to Disney?

act1980

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

I have stayed at WBC before and really loved it but I quite fancy trying somewhere new.

I would be grateful for any suggestions of condo resorts that you have stayed at and had good experiences. I need a 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom place with a washer/dryer.

Preferably would like a newer resort as I know some resorts (Orange Lake for example) are looking a little dated now.

Thanks for your help!:)

for offsite Wyndham bc is one of the newest.

both Hilton and Marriott have put up fairly new ones - but they aren't that close.

to get close to WDW (unless you are taking bonnet creek area) it will be fairly old.

now further away you have choices.

People seem to love Windsor Hills. It's a condo and house community with some amenities.

We haven't tried it yet, but we're staying at Paradise Palms resort in October. It's also a condo or single family home resort with pool, splash park, playground, movie theater, tiki bar etc. It's a fairly new resort.

We just got back from a stay at lake buena vista resort. It was very nice - we enjoyed it a lot. Great pool, 2 bedrooms with plenty of space, and the price was right! We did not go to Dsney though (just SeaWorld and Aquatica); we did go to downtown Disney a couple of times, the biggest issue I would have, if planning on Disney and staying here, was the traffic. Made me realize we will really need to factor in at least an extra half hour or so for travel if we stay off property, pretty much anywhere (other than WBC and downtown Disney hotels).

We have stayed here the past 2 years and really like it. They have a brand new and large lazy river and 2 large water slides, a zero entry pool and another pool that was very nice. All condos are 2 BR, 2 Ba. with W/D and most if not all have been recently updated. They also have an adjacent business "fantasy surf" that is an indoor surfing machine and you get 30 minutes for $10 or might even get free rides with your reservation. They have a great pool bar with very reasonable prices and happy hour from 4-7 daily with $2 drafts. I have gotten my stays the last 2 years for $100-$110 a night. It is 2-3 miles from DTD on 192.

It's about 5 minutes from the Sherbeth Rd/US-192 entrance. It takes you past a backstage area and you end up a little down the street from AK and AKL. We stayed at Mystic Dunes (just down the street from Windsor Palms) earlier this year and took the "back road" every day into the parks. Very convenient.

Hi everyone,

I have stayed at WBC before and really loved it but I quite fancy trying somewhere new.

I would be grateful for any suggestions of condo resorts that you have stayed at and had good experiences. I need 2 bedrooms minimum.

Preferably would like a newer resort as I know some resorts (Orange Lake for example) are looking a little dated now.

Thanks for your help!:)
I enjoyed our renovated room at Sheraton Vistana. The resort does look a bit dated, however, but it was very nice.

Marriott Harbour Lake was excellent, but it is closer to SeaWorld.

We really enjoyed our stay at Silver Lake (Silver Points), our place was beautiful, we liked the pools, its right next to AK, and its quiet.

We loved our stay at Caribe Royal, and access to Disney is certainly easy there. We stayed in a 2bedroom, which was wonderful. DTD was 3 minutes, I think the longest was to AK and was about 10 minutes drive.

This is the exact question I had. NEW and close to disney and offering at least 1 bedroom places. Gonna look ALL these up!

Another vote for Windsor Hills. We discovered this place about 5 years ago and have never returned to staying on Disney Property.

Another vote for Windsor Hills. We discovered this place about 5 years ago and have never returned to staying on Disney Property.

Us too. Going back October 17 to a 4BR pool home.

I guess if we wanted Lazy River a resort style restaurants and bars we'd look around. But new and spacious and convenient are what we're all about now so WH has it.

I should say, we're not huge Disney folks. We enjoy our trips every few years, but we're more Hilton Head types.

Let me add WorldQuest Resort. We just stayed there for one night and we wish it had been more. I will post a new thread about it now.

We stayed in a 3 bedroom/2 bathroom condo at Windsor Hills this past May and loved it. We thought it was a great location for a Disney trip because it was an easy and quick drive to the parks from our condo and we didn't experience any traffic issues during our stay. From Windsor Hills, you can use the Sherberth Road shortcut which will put you in the Animal Kingdom area within 6-8 minutes and you can follow the signs for the other parks from there, or you can take route 192 to World Drive which will put you at any of the Disney parks within 10-15 minutes. Windsor Hills is a gated subdivision in which the condos, townhouses, and houses are each privately owned. If you want more of a "resort" setting (multiple pools and more extensive recreational amenities) then you may consider Wyndham Bonnet Creek or the Sheraton Vistana Resort which are both timeshare properties very close to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter