• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best Resort area TS with no ADR - mid Nov

dimndgal1

One little spark...
Hoping for some guidance from the knowledgeable DIS. My folks are planning a trip to Orlando after Veteran`s Day to do WPs and tour the resorts (hoping for some signs of Christmas but mostly just checking them out for the first time). They would like to eat at some of the TS choices around the resorts, BW area, and DtD but would like to do more of a casual `hey, we`re hungry now` approach. What would be some good options to suggest? Lunch is an option for a few days but early dinners are probably the best.

Places I think they would like are The Wave, Raglan Rd, Boma but would also love some good seafood and steak places. Signature dining would be possible as well but I assume walk-ups are not common. TIA!

Maybe some of the places at the Swan and Dolphin. I really liked Blue Zoo for seafood, and Fresh has a wonderful breakfast. Since they're not on the DDP, they don't book up as quickly as the restaurants that are.

The two I am thinking of not needing an adr for would be lunch or dinner at either Grand Floridian Cafe and Captains Grille at the Yacht Club.

Dont know when either start putting up their christmas decorations

They seem to always have openings.

Big River Grille on the Boardwalk would be an option. They don't take reservations and are open for lunch and dinner.

Great suggestions!

I hadn`t thought bof Swan/Dolphin but Bluezoo is def an option.

I also gave the suggestion of going `off` times for some and since they are flexible with plans can easily go somewhere else (like at BW or DtD)

Thanks again!

I agree on the restaurants already mentioned, but they could also give Kona Cafe a try. I know that it's popular, but it's not as crazy as some, and it's just so yummy good. :)

If they're along the monorail line or in MK, they can try The Wave at the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter