Best resort (affordable) with multiple bedrooms? HELP???

Philip8992

Earning My Ears
My family and I are heading to WDW a year from now. The planning has begun! Woo hoo!!! But instead of mom and dad and 2 kids, it's now mom and dad, son and daughter-in-law, and recent college grad daughter. So we need 3 bedrooms (or at least 2 bedrooms and a sleeper sofa) on Disney property. But we're not interested in villas, campgrounds, eat-in kitchens or anything like that. Just more than the typical 1 room/2 queen size beds room. I'll take any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Well, those are pretty much your options. There aren't any suite type rooms with just two bedroom set ups. Your best bet would be to try to book two rooms, that are connected. That would get you two regular rooms, with either two double beds or two queen beds.
The only other options are villas which have kitchens and suites at either AoA or AllStar Music. They don't have full kitchens but kitchenette type set ups. And there is plenty of bedding for your group.

In all reality? Since you are looking so far out, I really would recommend looking into renting DVC points. You could get a two bedroom unit...that would get you a master bedroom with a king bed, a full kitchen and eating area, a double sleep sofa in the living room, bath with vanity and tub and adjoining bathroom with toilet, sink and huge shower, a laundry set up, and a studio set up through a connecting door, which will have a queen bed and a double sleep sofa in it, as well as it's own bathroom and a kitchenette. I would suggest checking with David's Rentals...very reputable company that many here use.

My family and I are heading to WDW a year from now. The planning has begun! Woo hoo!!! But instead of mom and dad and 2 kids, it's now mom and dad, son and daughter-in-law, and recent college grad daughter. So we need 3 bedrooms (or at least 2 bedrooms and a sleeper sofa) on Disney property. But we're not interested in villas, campgrounds, eat-in kitchens or anything like that. Just more than the typical 1 room/2 queen size beds room. I'll take any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Ditto what the PP said. Your only option is two connecting rooms (which would only be a request, not guaranteed) or a 1- or 2-bedroom villa at a DVC property. For the first option, you would need to book 3 separate rooms and request that they be adjoining and connecting. There is no such thing as 3 connecting rooms so one would be totally separate from the other 2, even if they're all right next door.

I rent my DVC points and it's a great option (definitely NOT promoting myself here, I don't have any more points for this year!). There is a lot of info on the rent/trade boards and the DVC rooms/resorts are fantastic.

Good luck!

Also remember that connecting rooms are never guaranteed, especially if all parties are over 18. If you did two rooms instead of three rooms, and put three people in one room, you will pay the additional adult charge per night. I think it's $25 a night extra.

I personally would rent DVC points if you don't want to run the risk of being separated. It prices out comparable to moderates sometimes, so the price is right. And if you aren't interested in the kitchenette, don't use it! There would be more options off site as well.

We did a family trip at the CR and had three separate rooms. It worked great because we were all in row. However, that setup cannot be confirmed unless you have children under 18, which we did. AoA might be an option!

If you don't want a villa, I would get separate rooms. You are all adults, it really doesn't matter if they connect or not.

Swan and Dolphin have a few different suites that are not ridiculously priced. They run specials and offer AAA, teacher, nurse discounts if you have any of those.

If you don't want a villa, I would get separate rooms. You are all adults, it really doesn't matter if they connect or not.

If you have more than two adults (over 17 yrs old), you will have to pay the extra adult fees in standard hotel rooms.

I think you should get a villa. Are you sure you understand what a villa is? It is just section of the resort which has apartment style hotel rooms with multiple bedrooms and a kitchen. There are villas at Beach Club, Boardwalk, Animal Kingdom, Wilderness Lodge and more. They are not a separate house or isolated or anything. In your situation, I am not sure why you wouldn't want a Villa.

can't tell if you are 5 or 7?

with 5 - you can get a room at Polyn, cr - these are big - you would get 2 queen beds and generally a twin bed (day bed)

with 7 - you do need a 2-bedroom - the ones at BLT and AKV - are different they have an extra chair bed and an extra bathroom - so 3 bathrooms in a 2-bedroom - vs a 2 bathrooms - now OKW has the extra chair but not the extra bathroom.

you get a king bed, queen sleeper sofa, chair bed and generally 2 - queen beds in the second bedroom - if you get a dedicated. the lock out is what goofy4tink describes so well.

several DVC member don't use the kitchen at all. Now I have food allergies and while Disney does an excellent job with food allergies - don't like to waste hours in their restaurants. So cooking in my studio or villa is great for me.

BWV has no dedicated at all - so if would be a lock out
BCV is strange - it has 25 true dedicated - but most of its dedicated is queen bed and double sleeper sofa in the 2nd bedroom.

BLT is the most expensive - that is location - you can walk to MK and monorail to Epcot

BWV and BCV you can walk or boat to Epcot and Studios.

the others are not close enough to walk to theme parks.

as others have noted, you would need either 3 (not just 2) regular rooms, or if renting DVC points, would need either a 2 br villa (with 2 bedrooms and a sleeper sofa in living room), or a 1 br (which also has sleeper sofa in living room) and a studio. Similar to the 1br/1 studio DVC combo, you could maybe try Art of Animation, and do the family suite, with your son and daughter in law having a separate room. Finally, although you prefer "on site", maybe you could try one of the "nearly onsite" properties such as Wyndham Bonnet Creek, where you can rent a 3 br villa for roughly the same price as 1 value room. Good luck! It sort of sounds like you are just sort of starting to realize that family vacations become more complicated (and expensive) as families expand.

Like others I would highly recommend looking into renting DVC points. We did it for the first time this past spring break (and we always stay onsite, but typically just book a regular room/package via WDW), I would absolutely do it again. Our cost was 40% off the rack rate and we stayed at Wilderness Lodge Villas (a Deluxe resort). In fact, I'm already planning our trip for next year and think we'll rent DVC points again. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter