Best requests for online check in at Pop?

Shelbizzles

Mermaid
I'm now able to do my online check in and the was wondering what your opinions were on the best thing to request. We would like to be close to the buses and main building. We do have a preferred room. And we do not want a king bed. As there is 3 of us. (My husband, my sister in law and myself) what were your best room experiences?

Just returned. Requested upper floor, lake view. Standard room. Got 70's Building 6. We had a nice view of the lake and AoA and could see the Frozen Fireworks at night. We were a short walk from the Food Court and, therefore, close to buses.

As you can see here on the POP map below, the preferred rooms (highlighted in yellow) are all the closest to the transportation/Classic Hall.
http://s962.photobucket.com/user/br...PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg.html
The only preferred rooms that are a tiny bit further from Classic hall/transportation is the back side of the 60's. It is still not far and it is closer to the bridge to AoA in case you want to walk over there. A preferred room in the 70's or 50's is going to be your quietest since there is no pool around the preferred rooms. 60's preferred is in front of the kiddie pool and won't have as much noise as the main pool but still may be a little less quiet. A 4th floor room is also going to give you more quiet and a ground floor room is going to help you avoid elevators/stairs. Do you have a preference on which floor? This may help decide on a recommendation.
I would DEFINITELY check close to transportation-this may get you closest to the end of the building which will get you closest to classic hall/transportation.
When you are choosing your 2 requests, you can mark off lake view, 80's section and 90's section since there are no preferred rooms that meet those requests.
You will not get a king bed with 3 people booked in a room so no worries there. There are not alot of king beds at POP and some are reserved handicap accessible and the others are requested enough to be filled. This is the official POP disboard thread that gives you tons of great info and pictures
http://www.disboards.com/threads/po...grooviest-faq-thread-10-october-2014.3338191/
Hopefully this will give you a better idea of what you may want to request.
Personally, I would choose ground floor (not having to deal with the elevators gets me that much closer:rotfl:) and near transportation but If you have a theme you prefer and don't care which floor you are on, you may want to choose 50's, 60's, or 70's and near transportation.

I hope this helps and please share what you choose and what you get when you check in at POP!
Don't hesitate to narrow down your choices and respond. We are here to help!:thumbsup2

Just returned. Requested upper floor, lake view. Standard room. Got 70's Building 6. We had a nice view of the lake and AoA and could see the Frozen Fireworks at night. We were a short walk from the Food Court and, therefore, close to buses.

I agree, lake view, building 6 is a great location :goodvibes but Shelbizzles is booked preferred and there aren't any lake view rooms that are preferred.

I just had a Pop preferred room reservation and my only online request was for the 50's section. My room was 1304 in my usual favorite, building 1. I could have done without the third floor but this time I decided to keep my request simple because I wanted to be in the 50's. (In the past when I've combined a section with a ground floor request, I've gotten the ground floor but not the section.)

I based my request on the themeing/decade that most appealed to me - I wanted to be in the 50's section, preferably near Lady. I also prefer first floor. The room we were assigned (1132 - also preferred) was straight down from Lady. The location was great - there is an easy walkway to both the front and the back of the main building.

I agree jcarwash and JustCallMeMommy, I like the 50's section. The only problem that I have is that smoking area right outside the preferred section of building 1 and 3. We were in a lake view room in building 2 in September and that smoking area always seemed to have a ton of people there and it was hard to walk by them to get to our room without gagging :crazy2:
Did you ever have any trouble smelling the smoke in that area?
I am highly sensitive to cigarette smoke and I think that would be my least favorite preferred room area unless I was a smoker. But that is just me and I remember having to hold my breath every time I walked by to get to our room :guilty:

I agree jcarwash and JustCallMeMommy, I like the 50's section. The only problem that I have is that smoking area right outside the preferred section of building 1 and 3. We were in a lake view room in building 2 in September and that smoking area always seemed to have a ton of people there and it was hard to walk by them to get to our room without gagging
Did you ever have any trouble smelling the smoke in that area?
I am highly sensitive to cigarette smoke and I think that would be my least favorite preferred room area unless I was a smoker. But that is just me and I remember having to hold my breath every time I walked by to get to our room

I forgot that smoking area was there. From building 1, I don't walk through that path...I always walk along the building to the end near the luggage and scooter parking, and then go the buses around the front or the food court around the back.

POP fan and stay lots! I think I'm at 16 stays. I've stayed all over the resort.

Our favorite is 50's Lake View but there is no preferred there. I would NOT book 50's preferred due to the smoking section. It's bad enough walking by it if you forget to go via the back of the building, certainly would not want my room facing it and there are always folks there, even late at night. I've also had the backside but that faces bell services and it can get noisy.

I like the 70's courtyard view but not the backside that faces the playground, parking and bus area. It's too busy for me.

I would probably request 60's and Landscape View. Very close to the main hub and buses, quiet walkways, no smoking spots and just a nice central location.

537D9F77-5D81-4204-89D6-EA108AE7E376.jpg

I have a ressie with preferred pool view and POP is it safe to assume I will only be assigned a room in the 60's so I coul djust request ground floor closest to transportaion? I was going to request 60's and ground floor but the map looks like 60's is the only preferred pool view section.

thanks

I have a ressie with preferred pool view and POP is it safe to assume I will only be assigned a room in the 60's so I coul djust request ground floor closest to transportaion? I was going to request 60's and ground floor but the map looks like 60's is the only preferred pool view section.

thanks

Correct, your Preferred Pool View room will be in the 60's, either building 4 or 5. You only need to request "ground floor" really as "close to transportation" is sort of moot -- these rooms are considered among the closest to access the main building / buses.

Correct, your Preferred Pool View room will be in the 60's, either building 4 or 5. You only need to request "ground floor" really as "close to transportation" is sort of moot -- these rooms are considered among the closest to access the main building / buses.

Thanks for the reply!my first trip to WDW in 30 yrs was last spring and I made a rookie mistake of getting the cheap room price and ended up on the backside of the 90's building and it was a haul to the buses and getting morning coffee was a real pain!

My favorite area was 60's, bldg 4, top floor facing the lake. But, it wasn't close to the buses or food court. I've had a preferred room, ground floor 70's, that I hated. Too much foot traffic going by. It might have been better if I had been higher up. Since you have preferred pool, which will get you in the 60's section, if you request ground level, close to transportation, you should be fine.

If I were you I would choose close to transportation to get you a room in the preferred section that is closest to that end. Personally, I prefer ground level, but that is your choice. I just hate having to go up a few flights of stairs to bring my mug back after breakfast. Ground floor is really handy when there are four floors at pop.

If I were you I would choose close to transportation to get you a room in the preferred section that is closest to that end. Personally, I prefer ground level, but that is your choice. I just hate having to go up a few flights of stairs to bring my mug back after breakfast. Ground floor is really handy when there are four floors at pop.

i think i am gonna choose close to transportation because that is what is most important to me. when we stayed last year at all star music we were waaaayyy in the back and it was not fun when you were exhausted from being at the parks all day and then having to walk a long way back to your room D:
another question maybe you guys can help me with.. does your arrival and departure times for online check in have to be like really close to actual times or just in the ball park?

We have a standard room booked. I just did online checkin with requests for a lake view in the 60's building. I'd love a high floor, but I'm more interested in the location...close to the bus stop and an easy walk over to AoA.

We have a standard room booked. I just did online checkin with requests for a lake view in the 60's building. I'd love a high floor, but I'm more interested in the location...close to the bus stop and an easy walk over to AoA.

All standard rooms in the 60's section are lake view. Here is a map of POP with all the room categories highlighted, the standard rooms are not highlighted.
I believe that ground floor and 4th floor are the 2 most requested floors so hopefully you will get a higher floor with your request :thumbsup2

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae107/braverman4/POP Century Thread/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

Last edited:
I like the 70's courtyard view but not the backside that faces the playground, parking and bus area. It's too busy for me.

What's the best way to get a "courtyard view," since that's not on the request list? If you book on the phone and request it at that time, would that help? What are the odds of getting a 70s courtyard view? I see a lot of folks here requesting 50s and/or lake views, which makes me think 70s is not one of the most-requested sections. I know 70s courtyard area is half-and-half preferred and standard - odds of getting there better if booking std or preferred? (I'd probably err on the side of caution with preferred so I wouldn't get stuck out in the 90s.)

I'm all set for POFQ next year, but POP is still hanging around on my radar for future trips.

All standard rooms in the 60's section are lake view. Here is a map of POP with all the room categories highlighted, the standard rooms are not highlighted.
I believe that ground floor and 4th floor are the 2 most requested floors so hopefully you will get a higher floor with your request :thumbsup2

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae107/braverman4/POP Century Thread/PopCenturyMap2012RoomCategoriesFINAL.jpg

Since you say all standard rooms in the 60's ARE lake view, should I change my requests to high floor and 60's building to cover all three of my priorities?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter