Best request for BWV

springandmac

DIS Veteran
I will be staying in a Boardwalk view studio next month for my 10 year anniversary & I was wondering what room request I should make?

I've only stayed at BWV one time and it was in the Crest O'Wave section but it was kinda noisy.

No matter where your boardwalk view room is you will get some noise (boat horns, crowds at night on the boardwalk if someone below room shouts). Noise is less as you get higher; thus request higher floor.

would go for the standard view near the steam. (hc parking, tennis court)

avoid if possible standard views near the elevators. some of them are too close to the entrance so you get noise all the time. (cars, vans, trucks coming and going on deliveries)

we go for the tried and true: Far from Elevator, High floor.

We got just that our last trip and it was fantastic :)

We completely lucked out when we stayed at DBW. We opted for a Boardwalk View and I think we were about 4 floors or so up. We were positioned so perfectly that we were able to see the Epcot ball from the bathtub, it was amazing - I just wish I could remember the room number for you!!!:confused3

as drusba stated, the higher floors get less noise from the BW itself. also, you were near jellyrolls last time, so probably heard ppl leaving there (and possibly ADH).
for a quieter BW view room, request close to elevator, upper floor.
btw, while we love the views from the 4th and 5th floors, we've begun to really appreciate the super-short stairwell walks (about a minute from room to BW:cloud9:) and huge balconies on the 2nd floor. we have gotten the same group of BW view studios, x029 or x031 (x being the floor number) every trip, at least twice a year for the past several years. they are above the BRG outdoor seating, across from the basketball game. while we rarely have noise problems there, closing the doors and drapes cuts down on the infrequent late night noise.
hth

I always request top floor. The only time I had a noise problem was when I was on the second floor above Big River. It was June and people were out very late talking and carrying on.

I usually book a standard view room, and I've requested a ground floor room the past few stays. Love it! I love zipping in and out of the various exits, so that distance from the elevators doesn't matter. Just returned from a great stay at BWV. Our room was right by the door to the quiet pool and right next to the door leading to the bus stop. Perfect!

If I booked a preferred view room, then I'd probably request a higher floor in order to actually enjoy the preferred view. :)

I usually book a standard view room, and I've requested a ground floor room the past few stays. Love it! I love zipping in and out of the various exits, so that distance from the elevators doesn't matter. Just returned from a great stay at BWV. Our room was right by the door to the quiet pool and right next to the door leading to the bus stop. Perfect!

I'll be staying in a BWV standard room this summer. What you described above is exactly what we'd like. Do you request anything more specific than ground floor?

We too are staying at BWV for the first time (15 days from today :cool1:). We are just reserved in a standard view studio. I've already gathered that higher floors seem to be the consensus, but what about location? Am not familiar at all with BW layout, other than the balconies I see right along the boardwalk. Any help greatly appreciated. Firework views would be great too!!

GENERALLY speaking, high floors farther from the elevator have less noise and better views - both standard and BW. Lower floors closer to the elevator are more convenient - especially if you are elevator dependent or don't want to take multiple flights of stairs.

I (and several other DISers) find that the staff at the BW is deaf to requests - go ahead and make them - maybe you'll get lucky - but don't set your heart on it.

Many of the standard view rooms have their views blocked by trees, but it is possible to see some higher fireworks from some rooms (higher and down the hall have a better chance, but if you need the elevator for a stroller, and get stuck in front of a tree, you may regret that location).

I'll be staying in a BWV standard room this summer. What you described above is exactly what we'd like. Do you request anything more specific than ground floor?
When I made the reservation, I just requested ground floor. When I did online check-in, I was given one other option to check if I wanted, and that was "near transportation". So I checked that choice, and we were thrilled with what we got. Good luck, and have a great trip this summer! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter