Best relaxed dinner inside DCA?

We loved Carthay Circle for table service, and we also really enjoyed sitting in the side dining room at Flo's looking out over the Cadillac Range for a counter service option.
Have also enjoyed sitting at Wine Country Trattoria.
A lot of folks love hanging out at the Cove Bar - I didnt realize you can dine with kids in the seating area just not up at bar - so that is on our list to try soon!

Inside DCA I haven't been to Carthay yet, but if you are willing to step slightly outside, Napa Rose is my favorite.

Lana :)

Carthay Circle is by far the best restaurant in DCA. You won't be disappointed.

Ben

Ok so I'm leaning towards Wine Country Trattoria with the World of Color package. Anybody try this?

We just returned from our first Disneyland Trip, and I have to agree with others that Carthay Circle is the way to go. I preferred their seating area for WOC because we were centered perfectly for the show, but didn't get wet!!!

Chris

If you're willing to go the counter service route then the Boardwalk Pizza/Paradise Garden Grill is a great place to relax.

• If you want fancy and pricey, go with Carthay Circle
  • If you want nice, but not so pricey go to the Wine Country Trattoria
  • If you want cheap, but still kind of relaxing I suggest Flo's, sitting outside by Radiator Springs Racers. This area is not busy and its cool to watch the cars go by.

Avoid the boardwalk area, this place is always packed with people. All places sell alcohol in DCA, so you get that relaxing factor in any one of them.

Jerry Horne said:
Ok so I'm leaning towards Wine Country Trattoria with the World of Color package. Anybody try this?

I'm not sure what the woc package is with Wine Country Trattoria. I'll look into it; thanks!
We did the WOC picnic packs when they first started and they were very good but cold of course :).
We like the actual restaurant--outside seating, pretty good food (kids just eat the calamari and we sub xtra calamari for the mussels, so not sure of kid options), and full bar. They bring bread to the table; pasta dishes and salads are dominant entree choices.

I'll second what others have said about less expensive and less fancy, but still very good and very relaxing--the outside, side patio at Flo's (looking at Ornament Valley), or Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta (around the stage area, so as to catch some great music).

Definitely, absolutely, no question, Carthay Circle Theater Restaurant. :)

Thanks all :)

Although after all that, my Mom says she might be too tired since we have MM the next day at DL. We already have reservations for BB and Ruth Chris. Good info for next time we do DCA!!

I would dump Ruth's Chris in a heartbeat for Carthay Circle. If she's concerned about getting to bed early, then just make an early dinner reservation! You're going to waste time getting to and from Ruth's Chris anyway, not to mention their meals are notoriously overpriced. I'm telling you--just do Carthay Circle. You will NOT regret it.

I would dump Ruth's Chris in a heartbeat for Carthay Circle. If she's concerned about getting to bed early, then just make an early dinner reservation! You're going to waste time getting to and from Ruth's Chris anyway, not to mention their meals are notoriously overpriced. I'm telling you--just do Carthay Circle. You will NOT regret it.

I agree with this! You can get Ruth's Chris all over the country, but Carthay Circle is such a unique Disney experience. You feel like you could run into Walt (or anyone else from the Golden Age of Holywood) around any corner. Plus the food is absolutely fantastic! We were so full, but didn't leave a single crumb because it was all just too delicious to leave behind. Plus the WOC package is great if you want to see the show but don't want to camp out for hours. The restaurant is absolutely gorgeous and almost like a mini-break back in time. The steaks at Ruth's Chris are great, don't get me wrong, but the steak my DD4 got for her kids meal at CC was seriously the best steak I've ever had in my life. Just an overall magical experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter