Best Rates for Disney Cruise in March 2006 - for Canadians?

seema

Mouseketeer
My wife, my 9 yr old daughter, and I would like to take a 1 wk Disney cruise sometime in mid March (school break in Ontario, Canada). I wonder for a cabin with an outside view and balcony (verandah), what is the best way in booking a cruise at the most economical rate?

If we fly to Orlando, is the transportation to/from Pt. Canaveral provided (ie complimentary)?

Can one book a combined Disney World/Disney Cruise line package - with the cruise being either 1/2 week, or a full week?

Are there special agencies that I can go through, that cater to Canadians? Does Disney offer special rates to Canadians (because of its discounted dollar, relative to the US dollar)?

You really need to just shop around and see who has the best price for your cruise. I have always found that I needed to book with a US travel agent and then just have the credit card do the exchange. It was still much cheaper. That being said, do go ahead and get quotes from your local TA's and CAA.

Yes there are 3 and 4 day Disney cruises combined with Disneyworld called Land and Sea packages, but it is cheaper to book them separately.

Ground transportation from the airport to the port is I think $60 per person extra.

We booked our cruise through Dreams Unlimited and were thrilled with their service, I would recommend them. Disney does not have any deals for Canadians, but looking at our dollar, I think we are pretty lucky! If you are going to fly, you might want to look into flying out of the Buffalo airport instead of Toronto. The price difference for a family of four could be $1000.00. Buffalo airport is a lot quieter than Toronto too.
Hope that helps.

seema: We travelled this past January on the 7 day Western Cruise and loved it! We didn't find anything different between booking through Disney itself or any other agencies. We also didn't find any deals that are for Canadian which we didn't feel was right but we still went. We did however like dealing with DCL directly rather then a TA. We are going this March Break and spending two weeks this time but doing the combination cruise and WDW and then coming back to Disney on our own. We are flying out of Buffalo this time just to save some extra money. If you have anything else you would like to as you can PM me and I would ge glad to help. Have a great trip!
Houzer

Houzer said:
We also didn't find any deals that are for Canadian which we didn't feel was right but we still went.
Why isn't it right? I mean, you don't see Canada's Wonderland handing out deals to Americans. :confused3

Boggles my mind why some feel they should be entitled to a discount *all* the time.

Didn't post to be flamed but just a thought have you looked at the dollar. I know it is good now but hasn't been like that other times. Our cruise in January we payed on average and it did go as high as $1.43 but you can average it out to $1.33 american.

Houzer said:
Didn't post to be flamed but just a thought have you looked at the dollar. I know it is good now but hasn't been like that other times. Our cruise in January we payed on average and it did go as high as $1.43 but you can average it out to $1.33 american.
Relax, I didn't flame you, I promise. :earsboy:

I'm just saying that there are countries all over the place that have to deal with exchange rates, too not just Canada. Look at the UK, Australia, etc. The CAD -> USD exchange rate is *much* better now than it was. You aren't anywhere near the 50% that used to be the case, so you're already very fortunate. Just because someone lives in a particular location, though, I don't feel (with the exception of FL residents) that they are *entitled* to any discounts and any promotions that are offered should just be considered pixie dust and pixie dust should *never* be expected.

From reading the posts, I am assuming that there would be no difference in rates (nor any discounts) for Canadians (or Americans) if I book through a Canadian TA, American TA, Dreams Unlimited, Disney directly, CAA/AAA, or through someone else.

PS-Are the occasional discounts available through mousesavers.com go through Dreams Unlimited?

Theoretically. However, some travel agents negotiate rates that will give you stellar discounts booking through them. I HIGHLY recommend Dana @ ********** - *************. Tell her Admiral Boom sent you! :earsboy:

They do sometimes have "Canadian Rates"...I have cruised using them...They don't advertise them, and they aren't around often, but they do exist...Even places who show discounts, usually show, Florida, Military, or Canadian..It would not hurt to try.. I guess we are lucky with our dollar doing better, but I don't feel lucky..

Good Luck in getting a great rate....I would call DCL directly.. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter