Best Rate Modifications

Disneyjamie

DVC Member 2004 SSR
Just want to confirm with the experts that you can't modify either the dates or the resort of a reservation based on the Best Rate Plan if the trip is within that 120 day window (119 days or less until the trip will take place). The person I spoke to on the phone said all or nothing - either keep as is or cancel and lose the one-night stay deposit. Thanks!

From what I have heard posted here, you can modify the reservation, but will have to pay a $50 change in reservation fee. If the updated reservation is the same cost or is more, I have heard that they waive the change fee. I do not have first hand experience, but I would call back and see if you get different information from a different CM.

BTW, I received the confirmation letter and can't wait to stay at DVC.

Brenda

You should be able to change your Best Rate stay with no problems and NO $50 change fee (that has been removed). The CM you spoke to was incorrect. I would call back. I don't know how far in advance you can move it to however. Say for example, I wanted to reschedule my 11/29-12/10 trip. I should be able to reschedule up to 2/15 since those are now available on Best Rate. I may not get the same resorts, but I should be able to reschedule. Past 2/15, I don't know that it's possible because Best Rates aren't out yet.

I would call back and speak to someone else.

You should be able to modify the dates as long as the dates are 120+ from the date you made the reservation...for example: If you booked your res exactly 120 days from your arrival date, you cannot not modify to arrive any earlier. If your price decreases due to the modificaition, you pay a $50 change fee...if it stays the same or increases, no fee.

***BTW- disneyjamie, your dog could be my dog's twin! Just curious...how old is he/she? Griffin (my dog) is about 7 months now and we are having behavior problems recently..barking, separation anxiety when we're gone...all the fun stuff. PM me if you have any suggestions or advice! TIA!***

Just wanted to let everyone know that I changed my best rate ressie with NO problem. I had a best rate booked for 11/30-12/7. I called last weekend, it was past my 120 days..so I changed hotels..not a best rate rate..since it was past the 120 days...I'll hold out for the ap rates. Anyhow, they applied my deposit to my new ressie with no problem, and didn't charge me the $50, because the new ressie was more money. it all worked out fine! Even the CM I spoke to, said there were TOO many restrictions for the new program...and I agree. She also said watch out for the weekend of the 27th, for new codes...so I'll be watching :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter