• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best rainy day park

msheriffm

Mouseketeer
Today was rainy on again and off again. We were at HS for the second day and many of the things we wanted to do were a problem due to the rain. Which park will be best if it is rainy again tomorrow MK or AK? Thanks

Today was rainy on again and off again. We were at HS for the second day and many of the things we wanted to do were a problem due to the rain. Which park will be best if it is rainy again tomorrow MK or AK? Thanks

Definitely not AK. There's not a lot of inside things to do there. If it is between those two, I would pick MK, but EPCOT is always good on a rainy day. Lots of buildings with very little outdoor main attractions.

Ok so I'm a minority in this one. One year we went to AK and when we were entering the park started raining. We decided to stay. We put our ponchos and started walking. We saw a lot of people leaving. We spent the whole day at AK with rain and all. It never stopped raining. We had an amazing day. All the animals were out. The safari was amazing because the animals like the rain. We did a lot of the rides with cero wait. Now every time we go and know that is going to rain we go to AK. I know not everyone thinks the same way but for us it works.

Ok so I'm a minority in this one. One year we went to AK and when we were entering the park started raining. We decided to stay. We put our ponchos and started walking. We saw a lot of people leaving. We spent the whole day at AK with rain and all. It never stopped raining. We had an amazing day. All the animals were out. The safari was amazing because the animals like the rain. We did a lot of the rides with cero wait. Now every time we go and know that is going to rain we go to AK. I know not everyone thinks the same way but for us it works.

I guess OP needs to decide if she wants to still do things outdoors in the rain or if she wants to remain dry.

OP, if you don't care if you are out in the rain, then maybe AK would be a great choice, but if you are looking to get out of the rain, I'd go with MK as there are more inside attractions. Hopefully the rain will clear out and you can go wherever you want. pixiedust:

MK has way more places to run for shelter from the storm, so it gets my vote.

Running around the park in the rain is a personal choice. I'm not going to quibble over anyone's decision to stay out in the rain.

BUT! If it is a thunderstorm, get out of it. Cloud to ground lightening is not unusual in Orlando. You don't want to be between those things. Word to the wise there! :)

The one time we were in AK while it was raining for a prolonged period of time, the park was practically empty... Nothing makes an enormous park feel quite as daunting as seeing nobody around you.

Depending how bad the rain is AK is definitely not the park to go to. We went and it started to rain (normal FL rainstorm) and they closed pretty much all the rides and cancelled any outdoor activities.

I would go to MK in case it did rain there is indoor/covered waiting areas.

I'd like to second the EPCOT suggestion as best rainy day park by far, but if it's between AK and MK, you've got to give it to MK. So many of the best attractions at AK are outdoors, it's a killer on rainy days.

I agree with the Epcot people - none of the attractions are outdoors, where at MK there are still a bunch of outside things (splash and thunder, jungle cruise, Aladin, ...). Even if you're doing WS, the shopping and theatre shows are still running.

HS would be the second - headliner attractions are all inside, tons of inside shows, plus not a huge park to walk around in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter