Best rainy day footwear

shoe_umbrella.jpg

Seriously though. I've never felt the need to have special footwear for when it rains at Disney.

I say flip flops, and I always pack 2 pairs in case it doesn't dry in time. My husband worse his leather sandals last time we went, like the kind that covers almost your whole foot... he had to put them outside at night because they would NOT dry, and they were so stinky! We threw them away on the last day, no way those were coming home with us!

What I am wearing and a laid back attitude is best! Spare socks in my bag... When the sun comes out they dry out so quick! Unlike the UK ..

I always wear my running shoes and pack a pair of flip flops in my park bag!

Last time I was there, especially in Animal Kingdom, there were huge puddles inches deep. There's no way to keep your feet dry in that park during a downpour!

I always wear sneaker class shoes. I liked Tevas but ran into a blister problem wearing them all day. I always make sure to bring 2 pair of sneakers and alternate each day.

When the rains came I found myself in the gift shop with wet feet and buying the pair of brown crocs with leather uppers with the mickey head embossed in them. They were perfect. Didn't care if my feet were wet as they didn't hold water next to my foot and cause me to get pruney :)

Now I don't leave without them. They maybe ugly but my feet are happy!

The only thing I need with them is some Friction Defense or moleskin to apply to the top of my feet as the rubber rubs and hurts if I go sockless, which ends up happening if I get caught in a rain storm

I do like to have shoes that straps for rainy days. Flip Flops can often get slippery when wet and your foot really moves around in them and it can be difficult to walk safely.
In addition to Keens and Teva's mentioned I like my Chaco's. They have recently introduced a softer footbed that I highly recommend.
Since all of those shoes have adjustable strapping it's easy to get them snug and helps cut down on friction spots.

Last edited:
Chacos, and a close second are Tevas. Chacos are pricey (about $100), but they are a good investment since they are so comfy and go with everything.

I have croc sandals that look like regular sandals but have good bounce and arch support for my feet. They are plastic so good for the weather. My daughter has Chacos sandals which are even better though more expensive )

When it's hot I wear my Teva Tirra sandals - they dry fast if they get wet and they have enough support for me.

I also want something else and I'm going to be trying a pair of sketchers flip flops in September - I've already tested them in the Georgia pouring down rain, no sliding around and they dry fast. Next it will be a matter of testing my walking in them for hours and hours to see if they have enough support.

In the winter, I wear my New Balance Tennis shoes - mine don't have the holes in them that I've seen alot of - because they don't have that, I have no problems with wearing them in the rain. My teenage daughter says they are old lady shoes - that's fine with me. I'm comfy and that is what counts. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter